BBC Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an interview. It went very well, with questions about what I did, and what I want to do. I have been interviewed by 2 production assistant, both very nice.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide.

Interview

Average quality, with some open-ended questions regarding previous experience, what drew you to apply for this job, what you were interested in learning more about, and what made you stand out above all other applicants

BBC.com Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone interview 2 weeks after submitting application online. Prepared for the interview by reading articles critically on BBC.com, and made a proposal of what to do to make BBC.com a better website.The interviewer sounded very friendly and approachable, and talked in detail about what an intern could expect with them, which made me very excited about the possibility of joining. The interviewer also emphasized that they do appreciate something unique in each intern they take, so that the interns can bring new perspectives and skill sets to the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with BBC worldwide?
      What kind of improvements would you suggest to make our website better serve a global audience?
      What was the most difficult challenge you've had during your last internship?
      Double checked availability.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

HR rep emailed me 10 days after I submitted my resume online and followed up with contact via email. We set up a call for two days later. The call went extremely well -- I was uniquely qualified for the new venture and she was excited by and impressed with my experience. She said that she'd call the following week to set up another interview. After a week went by, I followed up and asked if I was still under consideration. I received no answer to this email, nor my thank you. Two weeks later, I followed up again as the holidays were coming -- again, no response. Three weeks later, I checked in again to see if the project was going forward and if they were still looking for a Director of Marketing. Yet again, no response. When I saw her post a new listing on LinkedIn, I contacted her directly and she finally responded to say that that they chose an internal candidate.

I've long been a fan of BBC's content and programming and was thrilled at the possibility of joining the company. However, the lack of professionalism and respect shown by the BBC Worldwide HR rep was so disappointing that I would be weary of spending any time or energy pursuing any opportunity there again.

Interview Questions

• How do you find creative ways to promote content with a small budget?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews, 1st is a call with someone from HR. Then I was invited to an in person interview with the head of HR. Lastly, I interviewed with the 3 executives I would assist.Very basic interview questions that are straight to the point.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

It happened rather quickly for me. I was called in for an interview a week after applying for the internship position. They just wanted to get a bit more about who you are as a person when faced with problems. I interviewed with two people at the same time. It was a pretty relaxed atmosphere. Everyone is so nice. I was also impressed with the office decor - so modern! I got the internship and there are no regrets thus far. You should definitely go for it. It's not often you can say that a major corporation has a pretty relaxed atmosphere and the employees treat you like family...even though they are located in the middle of the coldest city (literally) on Earth. I was sad when my internship was over. I wasn't able to land a job right after because they weren't hiring right away due to the merge with AMC Networks. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with BBC America?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Unscripted Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a production manager first to get an overview of the position and see if I was interested. We set up a Skype interview next with her and another production manager. Of one of the managers was late to the Skype interview, so I had to make conversation with the other interviewer because he didn't want to start asking the formal interview questions before his co-worker arrived.

Interview Questions

• It was all just basic interview questions, like "Why BBC?" and "What makes you a good fit for the position?" I was also asked to talk about several experiences from my resume.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

A recruitment program that connected university students to media companies enabled me to get the interview by submitting my resume to the company. I was contacted by the director of the department I applied for and asked to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview was friendly, I was asked questions about my different experiences and skills as listed on my resume, and given a tour of the office. Made me very excited to work there after I found out about my offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I applied through HR and had two phone interviews. One interview was with the HR recruiter and the next interview, a week later, was with the hiring manager. The process was very fair and enjoyable. I did not find any of the questions to be difficult. Just make sure that you have a passion for television and entertainment!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a unique candidate?   1 Answer

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BBC Worldwide (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews during the interviewing process. The time frame lasted around 2 months which I thought was way too long for this type of position. There were some behavior questions but they mostly just wanted to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit for their team.