BBVA Compass Interview Questions in Birmingham, AL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.5

Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied threw a recruiter the next day I receive an email for an interview. I interviewed with 4 managers (still was easy), after my interview I got a call the next day offering me the position took my drug test & past my background check same day so overall it was a week process. Now just waiting for a start date!

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal what animal would you be?   1 Answer

LEAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

First round over the phone, all behavioral questions followed by a super day in Birmingham with 3 rounds of 25 minute interviews all of which are behavioral and focused on team work and conflict resolution. Overall an awesome process, all of the people were amazing.

Interview Questions

• What is innovation to you?
      Name a time you made a quick decision and failed
      Tell me about yourself
      What do you believe leadership is?
      This program represents a large investment in you, how will you make good on our investment?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was referred. I sent in my resume. Once reviewed, I had to complete a simulation regarding the job description. once you pass, a physical interview is conducted.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you tried to provide customer service and the outcome didnt succeed?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager and had a subsequent phone interview with the division manager. There were several follow up calls with HR. After the final salary was negotiated the offer was emailed to me then sent by Fedex to my house. Very professional. The application process was online.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Got call from recruiter within two weeks of online application followed by interview with the hiring manager. Got offer within a week. Took one more week for BG check. Total time less than 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• General questions based on resume and previous work experience. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

LEAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting site. Interviewed on campus. A few days later was invited for Super Day in Birmingham. Traveled to Birmingham 3 weeks later and had 3 interviews, 2 one-on-ones and 1 panel. All behavioral questions. Everyone is very friendly. Like to hear about positive group experiences and leadership.

Interview Questions

• How would you market BBVA Compass to millennials.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a team project and negative/positive experience.   Answer Question

LEAP Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter came to my college campus and conducted a one hour screening interview. The screen was mostly about my work experience, with some questions to determine my personality type.
    I was contacted a week or two later and invited to come to their "Super Day." The night before Super Day, they hosted a dinner in Birmingham, AL for all the candidates (40 of us) to meet current and former LEAP associates. On Super Day, I had three interviews that lasted 25 minutes each: one panel interview and two individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you brainstorm, as an individual and as a part of a team?   Answer Question
    • Our LEAP program represents a large investment in you. How will you provide a sufficient return on our investment?   Answer Question

LEAP Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

One interview on college campus, the second interview is a super day in Birmingham, AL at the company headquarters. Mainly behavioral based questions, focused on how well you work in groups and how you communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in the group and the outcome was unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Great meeting. They bring you in and make you feel at home. They explain all the details of what the job will demand of you. Plus they show you the facilities as well.

Business Systems Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews one with the department head and another with my immediate supervisor. The questions were mostly about experience and whether you were familiar with certain tool. There weren't any problem solving questions or being asked to solve any problems. Everyone was very nice. I was asking questions trying to get a feel for what my responsibilities would be but no one seemed to have an answer.

Interview Questions

• Q: The job description asked for "Strong programming experience with scripting languages such as VBScript, PERL, Python" and "Understanding of and experience configuring and performing builds with one of the following Java, C, C# or Visual Basic" on the second interview the seemed they wanted me to be able to take over a fairly large C# MVC project.   1 Answer