BBVA Compass Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.4

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I walked in with my resume and was interviewed on the spot and was told to fill out the applications online. Shortly after I received a offer call. A couple days later I came in for training. The company training took longer then the actual hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to work weekends?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was nothing out of the ordinary. A branch manager called to schedule an interview for the following week. The interview itself involved the usual questions about previous experience, skills, and why I am interested in position. A few hours after the interview, I received a call with the job offer and details on how to proceed in the hiring process. Overall, good interview process.

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took almost an entire day, and included a meeting during lunch. I met one on one with the person would would be my boss, and then one on one with various people I would be working with. Overall the meetings were laid back, but the process was very structured.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in the position, and where I saw myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

The corporate environment was not for me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR ~two weeks later. I had a phone screen with HR. I interviewed with three members of the team ~two weeks later. I received an offer ~three weeks later. I accepted said offer. All in all, I have applied twice to the BBVA Website, and was contacted both times. Very impressed with recruitment at the company.

Branch Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. I simply asked the manager if there were any positions available at the time. There was an opening but it wasn't posted on the career website yet, so I just took my resume and references into the bank. After seeing my resume, the manager called and scheduled an interview the same day. I think she had already made up her mind before the interview because it was very brief and based mostly on pay, time availability, and duties. After the interview I was asked to take a drug test and an online interactive test that mainly dealt with how to interact angry customers. I was offered the job in about 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• As a full-time college student, when are you available for work?   Answer Question

Sales and Service Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Brief, easy going interview. I interviewed with 2 managers both very knowledgeable and sweet. Described the day to day description of a sales and service advisor. I asked questions relating to their background and vice versa. Prepared me for the type of clientele in the area. I was offered a job within 30 minutes after I walked out the door.

Branch Retail Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with the district officers. He asked formal standard interview questions.
    Walk me through your day?
    How do you prioritize?
    How often do you coach you employees. What does a coaching session sound like?
    What are you career goals?
    What are you current branch goals? How do you achieve them? How do you track them?
            These are all of the questions I remember.

He asked me to role play two different scenarios.
    1) Under producing personal banker corrective action conversation and vise versa.
    2) Interaction with a business customer that you're prospecting.

Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

During the process he expressed to me that BBVA believed in developing and advancing their employees. He mentioned that the company rarely hired outside for managers.

Interview Questions

• Role playing. Be prepared to role play manager scenarios   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

Couldn't have been easier. Interview with the dallas city pres - a country bumpkin who you could tell came up the local/regional bank ladder. Personality questions mainly, asking why you like the banking world. Didn't meet many of the other players really. It seemed like a pretty ho hum atmosphere with not a whole lot of team feel.

Sales & Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Plano, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Online application, followed by an online skills assessment /general knowledge test. next step was a standard HR interview that covered background, work history, availability to work. Had a phone interview with the Branch manager and assistant branch manager. They called me back later the same day to offer me the job, pending a drug screening, criminal background check, and credit screening

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Disorganized, unprofessional.