BBVA Compass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BBVA Compass Interview Questions

Interviews at BBVA Compass

2.6

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass in July 2013.

Interview

Only one interview. General past experience/job related questions. 1-on-1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very satisfied with offer.

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took almost an entire day, and included a meeting during lunch. I met one on one with the person would would be my boss, and then one on one with various people I would be working with. Overall the meetings were laid back, but the process was very structured.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in the position, and where I saw myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

The corporate environment was not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews that I had to go through in the hiring process. The second interview was within one week of the first one. The environment was more casual than other interviews that I had gone through and the questions weren't that difficult to answer. For sure, both interviewers were very nice and friendly. I received an offer a few days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor/manager has a vision that you know it's impossible to achieve, what would you tell your manager? (or something similar to that)   Answer Question

The salary that they offered was too low. I had to counter-offer the salary but they still thought it was too high.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The recruiting HR was wonderful. Interviewing at branch with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager was a bit on the far fetched side. The interview lasted 2 hours. Questions asked were a bit unrealistic. One question "If hired, what will be your day to day work routine" This was a question asked before I even knew what the job responsibilities involved.

Interview Questions

• What would your day to day work routine detail?   2 Answers

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple. Spoke with the manager, went in for an interview. Did a second interview by phone with a Senior Associate Manager. Was contacted by Human Resources four days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter and within that week I met with manager of the bank. Spent about 30 minutes answering normal questions and discussing my past work experiences. Questions revolved around management history, sales history, and work ethic. Was relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. About 5 days later I received my offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

Good experience with the interview. Very professional management that actually provided a second interview because I needed clarification. The onboarding was effortless. The hiring managers as well as the Human Resources were easy to work with.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Spoke with HR Rep. Told me about what I would be doing. As me to take a test. After passing the test did a in person interview. Negotiated pay and the offered position

Channel Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Interviewed by phone with HR. 45 minutes. Most difficult part of the interview.
    Passed through next interview w/hiring manager. 30 minutes. The easiest interview.
    Passed through to next interview w/executive vp. 45 minutes. Behavioral type interview.
    I was in the top 2 candidates. The other candidate was internal. They decided to go with that person.

Collections Interview

Interview

Behavior Interview conducted by Vice Presidents of departments a 3 person panel interview following first interview with panels President which was rude
    Because he did not approve of management decision that recruiting department had been organized to choose candidates rather than on site managers choosing