BBVA Compass Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BBVA Compass Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview Questions

2.4

Financial Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview. There were 8 branch managers interviewing me along with the District Retail Executive. They ask a lot of behavior interview questions. The interview was not hard or scary.

Interview Questions

• Use your power of persuasion to sell me this bottle of water right now.   Answer Question

Sales and Service Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Brief, easy going interview. I interviewed with 2 managers both very knowledgeable and sweet. Described the day to day description of a sales and service advisor. I asked questions relating to their background and vice versa. Prepared me for the type of clientele in the area. I was offered a job within 30 minutes after I walked out the door.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BBVA Compass in May 2014.

Interview

I attended a career fair held at a local branch. I applied for one position, was offered a different one and shuffled to a third within four months.

I interviewed with on person from HR in person, one from HR on the phone, two branch managers, the District Manager and the District Operations Manager -- six in total.

The whole process took two-three months. I was turned down at first, they called me back later to see if I was still looking for a job. Very much an emotional roller coaster when you're unemployed.

The salary negotiations were laughable -- I asked for more (they offered me less for a better position than what I was making at my previous job) and was told they were offering me "all they could afford." That statement and my belief in it has crippled my ability to receive any raise of significance since.

Interview Questions

• I always hate "tell me a time when" questions. Having six different interviews I was asked so many questions I don't remember them all.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I knew someone in the company so getting the interview was easy. Had 2 interviews. One with branch manger and one with district manager. Both nice people typical questions of "what makes you successful" and "give an example of overcoming adversity"

Interview Questions

• a question I remember was "With this tough economy how ccan you be successful"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negociate. I went down in pay from my previous job about 8,000 a year just to get out of there.

Sales and Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred to compass by a branch manager at another institution when they didn't have any openings for me. I submitted my resume online and within a week i had a Phone interview with a manager. the initial phone interview was pretty short and just basically outlined who i was and why i wanted to come to BBVA and set up the first interview. the first interview was with just the branch manager and went smoothly. she asked a lot of scenario questions like how i would handle a specific situation with a customer etc. the second interview was with the same branch manager and a district manager. he seemed like he was trying to intimidate me with strong, direct questions about my experience and how i thought it would relate to the banking, why i thought i was a good fit for compass, etc. but i handled it well and had an offer letter the next week.

Interview Questions

• "An upset customer approaches you at the window about an issue they are having with their account. how do you handle it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much. The pay structures are tiered and I started at the highest tier within my job family so the only way to get more is to get promoted or bonus.

Financial Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Port Birmingham, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

Regular face to face interview. Upfront, told me more about the job and what I would be doing. Told about the training process............Everything was gave to me upfront and wanted to see my sales of what I had done previously.

Sales & Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Plano, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Online application, followed by an online skills assessment /general knowledge test. next step was a standard HR interview that covered background, work history, availability to work. Had a phone interview with the Branch manager and assistant branch manager. They called me back later the same day to offer me the job, pending a drug screening, criminal background check, and credit screening

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview

You are contacted by a recruiter who asks you some basics. You then meet with the branch manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic. If you are a people person you can answer all the uestions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted first offer. This position will pay from 30,000 to 45,000 if you have a lot of experience.

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Application

I interviewed at BBVA Compass in June 2013.

Interview

Things started off on the wrong foot as I received slightly conflicting, near simultaneous communications from both their corporate HR department and the local hiring manager. At the interview the hiring manager was almost 15 minutes late, with no apology. I felt that there was no thought put into the interview process as it had nothing to do with the advertised position. The hiring manager just dove in and started asking seemingly random questions. Toward the end, I was informed of an entirely different set of responsibilities in addition to that in the advertised job description. It was a very frustrating experience as I could have better prepared had I known that I was being interviewed for a hybrid position. Instead, I spent most of the interview time in perplexity.

Interview Questions

• Other than personal / conversational questions, all others seemed difficult. The advertised job title included the words "Personal Banker". Further, the job description were entirely related to this type of a business. The interview questions were related to a business development type of position. For example, 'How would you expand the market base for xyz product?" Moreover, I was informed that I'd also have to sell business banking products.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview

Recruiter called me, did phone interview, did 2 in person interviews, offered the job

Interview Questions

• would you be wililng to take a banker job instead of a manger position? we will license you.....   1 Answer