BBVA Compass Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

BBVA Compass Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Dec 16, 2016

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant. The ladies who interviewed me were all very nice. I had one in person one on one and then I had two phone interviews. It was a basic sales and customer service interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy hiring process, was lengthy though. The interview was done telephonically, an in person interview followed shortly after. The process from start to finish was very lengthy. It was finalized in about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer, and I accepted their offer.

Financial Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR on the phone, then with Branch Manager then with District Manager in one on one format. Had very professional dress as banks are conservative. Did background check

Interview Questions

• How do I manage in a performance based position? How do I manage stress?   1 Answer

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I knew someone in the company so getting the interview was easy. Had 2 interviews. One with branch manger and one with district manager. Both nice people typical questions of "what makes you successful" and "give an example of overcoming adversity"

Interview Questions

• a question I remember was "With this tough economy how ccan you be successful"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negociate. I went down in pay from my previous job about 8,000 a year just to get out of there.

Sales and Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred to compass by a branch manager at another institution when they didn't have any openings for me. I submitted my resume online and within a week i had a Phone interview with a manager. the initial phone interview was pretty short and just basically outlined who i was and why i wanted to come to BBVA and set up the first interview. the first interview was with just the branch manager and went smoothly. she asked a lot of scenario questions like how i would handle a specific situation with a customer etc. the second interview was with the same branch manager and a district manager. he seemed like he was trying to intimidate me with strong, direct questions about my experience and how i thought it would relate to the banking, why i thought i was a good fit for compass, etc. but i handled it well and had an offer letter the next week.

Interview Questions

• "An upset customer approaches you at the window about an issue they are having with their account. how do you handle it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much. The pay structures are tiered and I started at the highest tier within my job family so the only way to get more is to get promoted or bonus.

Senior Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Tempe, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

I was invited to interview via email. I accepted and received a phone call from the inside recruiter. There was an email after I accepted the interview to consent to a background check as well as a voucher for Drug screening. After submitting the drug screening and consenting to a background check. The interview followed. Completed the interview with the Operations Manager and one day letter was in receipt of an Offer Letter and start dates with upcoming training classes.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle customers that are defensive, upset or confused about the mortgage process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Mesa, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager and his assistant manager. I could tell they were interviewing other people as I had to wait in their lobby while they finished up with another candidate. They both seemed interested in different questions as the branch manager was interested in personality type questions and the assistant manager wanted to know about my hard skills (like cash handling and balancing the vaults). They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable while making sure to ask me clear questions that were not designed to trick me. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to de-escalate an angry client and how did you do it   1 Answer

Senior Financial Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

My friend hired me, so it wasn't a true interview process. This happens a lot here. Out of the last 20 new hires 19 are from Chase. It is a bank so you have to pass finger print, back ground check, and drug tests. Also must have or get 6/63 life and health to be Senior FSA.

Interview Questions

• You do an interview with the Branch manager and also with the District manager. Then they offer you the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for an extra week of vacation and got it. I told the HR lady she asked the manager and they said yes.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

very unprofessional manager

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was hired within, and part of the interview was to go on a business call with the DM. I wrote downs my goals and made sure they could be measured.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals 30 days, 90 days, and 1 year from now.   1 Answer