BBVA Compass Sales and Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online, was called by an hr admin with further questions such as experience and salary requirements and then told a branch manager would contact me if necessary. the branch manager scheduled an interview for the following day. friendly interview, lasted about an hour, he spoke about his expectations and asked questions of my previous employment and any experience I had in sales since the bank has goals on "referrals" he handed me his business card and said he would forward my info to the DM to schedule a second interview. no call after one week so i called to follow up-no answer and left vm. I did not receive a return call and a week later their website stated I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BBVA Compass

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred to compass by a branch manager at another institution when they didn't have any openings for me. I submitted my resume online and within a week i had a Phone interview with a manager. the initial phone interview was pretty short and just basically outlined who i was and why i wanted to come to BBVA and set up the first interview. the first interview was with just the branch manager and went smoothly. she asked a lot of scenario questions like how i would handle a specific situation with a customer etc. the second interview was with the same branch manager and a district manager. he seemed like he was trying to intimidate me with strong, direct questions about my experience and how i thought it would relate to the banking, why i thought i was a good fit for compass, etc. but i handled it well and had an offer letter the next week.

Interview Questions

• "An upset customer approaches you at the window about an issue they are having with their account. how do you handle it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much. The pay structures are tiered and I started at the highest tier within my job family so the only way to get more is to get promoted or bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position and was called back by a recruiter after three days. It is a new hybrid position where you will have banker and teller responsibilities. The recruiter explained the starting salary but due to the position being so new, He couldn't provide more in-depth details. I went in for the the face-to face interview and the branch manager went over a few more details about the position. The interview went very well. It was mostly behavior based questions and additional question due to the slow foot traffic of the branch I had applied for. I am still waiting for a call back as they're in the beginning stages of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't difficult at all. Since it is a hybrid position with banker and teller responsibilities, the better versed in those fields you are, the more the questions are to your advantage.   Answer Question