BC Hydro Anonymous Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BC Hydro Anonymous Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

Apply to position. Wait a long time (one month) for any response, then do a phone interview (due to the number of candidates) that basically is just to confirm you are still interested and agree to the minimum job requirements--not surprisingly by then they can weed out a number of people. Then wait several more weeks for an in-person interview with the manager and HR. Most questions are experiential, "describe an experience where you demonstrated... (this desirable or pre-requisite quality or bit of knowledge)". I also had a written test in my case. Then there was a crazily long wait to get a response, which turned out to be a job offer. With other companies you would think a long delay in responding means you're out of contention, but not with Hydro. Hydro is a behemoth, slow to get going, slow to stop or change direction.

Interview Questions

• Safety is a core value at BC Hydro. Tell us what safety means to you by giving an example from your previous work experience.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Union positions: take salary as is, or simply don't accept. The mngmnt's hands are firmly bound. I am not sure about the non-union professional association, except that you definitely do negotiate a starting salary and compensation in your interview so you might as well be upfront.