BC Hydro CAD Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

BC Hydro CAD Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at BC Hydro

1 Interview Review

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

From the get go they asked about electrical certifications I had -- for a CAD TECHNICIAN JOB. Questions that could only be answered by working with BC hydro or being an electrician. They gave scouring faces when I said "no, no, no ...no? I do CAD, not wiring" They asked about proprietary software that no one could answer unless they worked and got trained on it. There was only one actual CAD question asked, and it was a basic "how do you do X on autoCAD." I knew BC hydro on the island was a closed shop, but this was ridiculous and a clear waste of my time. I am a highly experienced technician, which was why I though they called... The position was for a trainee gig and I think wanting the skills in the interview that they would be trained for is a bit excessive. It as clear they already had someone in mind and are just going through the motions because union. Any good hiring manager knows its easy to make all other candidates look unqualified if you craft the questions right.

DO NOT believe the AstroTurf glass door reviews. The nepotistic truth about this top-heavy company is easy to find if you look. I think I might have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail the steps you would take to install a new power service to a new client, Explain how our delivery billing system works in detail, give us an overview of how our CAD drafting ties in with *proprietary software,* & How would you hook up a new service?   1 Answer