BCBG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BCBG (The Woodlands, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. I was given information about the job in class, I emailed the store manager and called her. She set up an interview and a few days later I was offered a position and put on the schedule.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCBG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The company came to recruit at my school. I applied and got a call within a couple of days to come in for an interview. Because I was dressed in BCBG, they asked me if I had time for an interactive interview- where i was placed on the selling floor and was evaluated on how i greeted customers and styled them. I did well since I sold a $450 dress within the first 30 min and a $128 necklace within the next 20 min. I was offered a position that day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BCBG.

Interview

Thorough. Research the company and see their mission statement and goals. Asked about my retail experience and my customer service skills. Average interview. The whole process took about 20 mins

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BCBG (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview within a few weeks. Easy 15min. interview with HR asking about past experiences and why I want to intern there. Wear all black and look fashionable but business casual.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCBG (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Went tothe store to see if they were hiring. The associates were kind and said they were. The manager called me and we discussed my qualifications and told me I would be a good fit. We talked about experience, personality, goals and interest in the brand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCBG.

Interview

Applied in store in October they were hiring for holiday season, was invited to come in couple days to talk to the store manager. interview was short,, questions were easy, made me try help customers, build some outfits. few new hires were send in a week to another store for training - 1 day

Wholesale Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BCBG (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an interview within the week. The interview was very relaxed, making me feel confident and open to ask questions. Wear all black if you have the opportunity for an interview and keep calm!

Also if you have any projects from school or work, definitely bring them!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, it was for school credit.

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BCBG (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Walked in and applied the next day I got called in by the store manager. We interview in the stock room. She went over what the company is all about and what direction they were heading in. She asked me to go over my work experience. As well if I had clientele experience. She asked me about my current job if we would make our daily goal and by how much. A few days passed and I got a call from the district manager. We spoke for about 7 min and told me I would get an answer if I got hired or not by the end of the day. I never receive a call or email saying if a did or not get hired. It's been 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BCBG (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Went in person asked if they were hiring
    Filled out an application and brought in resume
    Interviewed with store manager first then assistant manager
    Then was brought out to the sales floor to test my selling skills and fashion skills
    Had to put 3 outfits together
    The interview really depends on if your likable by the store manager
    If the store manager likes you then your basically in

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume
      Who's your favorite celebrity and why?
      Who are some of your favorite designers why?   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCBG (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through indeed and, the next day received a call asking me to come in for an interview the following week.

I arrive for the interview and was asked to fill in an application then bring it back to her. She was at the cash wrap and asked me to wait while she helped an associate with a customer. Her and the associate started to speak negatively about the customer wanting to exchange an item in Spanish (they did not know that I am fluent in Spanish) which I thought was super unprofessional and made me decide that I did not want to work there before the interview had even began.

The actual interview was really weird. We walked around the store (this is a BCBG inside a Bloomingdale's) while she asked me questions - she walked super fast and kept changing her direction suddenly as if she didn't know where she was going. We finally sat down in a small lounge area and continued the interview. For some strange reason she kept switching between English and Spanish throughout the interview, even though I only ever spoke English to her. I asked some questions about the company and it seems as if BCBG are not doing so well as they are liquidating SO MUCH inventory. She also mentioned how this particular Bloomingdale's had little foot traffic and that the mall actually had a BCBG store with better inventory..

She said the next steps for the interview were a facetime interview with the district manager and an interview with a HR person for Bloomingdale's. Which seemed like a lot of work for a standard retail job but sure why not??

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & your past work experience. Have you ever shopped at BCBG before?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your goal was $1000 and you got a $500 return?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   Answer Question

The thing is, she told me the pay - $13.00 per hour - I get paid $16.00 as a sales associate at my current job, so I definitely wasn't going to take on more responsibility for so little pay. BCBG is not even a prestigious brand! Its laughable that they would pay so little but it really speaks to the caliber of employees they have :- unprofessional and catty! Because of the low pay I chose to withdraw my application.

Tip: try paying your staff a competitive wage! If you want to position yourself as a high-end retailer then you need to pay like one!