BCBG Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got the HR's e-mail through Linkedin, and I contacted HR right away. The HR then set me up with the head designer and I had a skype interview. The week after, I was notified by phone that I got the position. Experience was fairly easy.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, Quick. interviewed with two higher ups. Both interviewers were nice although seemingly slightly distracted. Basic question and answer, personable chit chat. Nice reception area but kind of in the middle of nowhere, Vernon CA. Interviewed for a design position, they were honest about the demand of the work as well as the level of difficulty. They made sure I was alright with the salary level (around 40k) before even inviting me in for an interview.Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• What can you specifically bring to BCBG   1 Answer

Assistant Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a quick phone interview followed by a longer interview with the Tech Design director. She was firm and direct so be well prepared. This is not your typical interview of strengths and weaknesses. She almost let me lead the interview. Questions were more open ended so I could thoroughly describe my past experience, what I have learned, and how I could apply that knowlege. If you are shy/quiet, this is not the time to show it. Be confident and specific about past experience. I could tell they wanted to end the interview quickly so that made me nervous. Now I knowit is just because the department I work in is extremely busy.

Interview Questions

• How do you rate your level of knowlege of garment construction?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview was given in the back room of store by the DM who was very unorganized and did not speak well. She asked what contributions I could bring to BCBG. She wanted to make sure I was free to work weekends and stick to basic hours of scheduling.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions as the DM interviewing was not very well educated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary and did not take the first offer.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied for the position through the company website, and was contacted 2 days later to come in and meet with the managers. At the site, I was interviewed by an associate and a supervisor. The interviewers were both very pleasant and asked the normal interview questions such as Why you are interested in becoming a buyer? Tell us more about your past experiences and skill set. What are your goals, etc. Interview ran roughly around 20-30 minutes. The hiring manager called me back 15 minutes after the interview to tell me I got the intern position.

Retail Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had a Skype interview with HR representative first. And then was contacted for an onsite interview with Retail Operations Coordinator. Each interview was pretty short, about 15 min long and mostly about previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Previos experience and why I am interested in interning at BCBG   Answer Question

Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was awesome, very quick and to the point. The recruiter appealed to be incredibly busy, rather, very attentive and totally pleased with my work. She was not aggressive and asked all of the typical interview questions that most recruiters are trained to ask.

Social Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

You apply online, form their they will contact you whether you have the right experience or not. There was a phone interview, but they don't tell you when they're going to call. Everything is very disorganized. They call you when they have time. After the phone interview they will call you again unannounced about a 1on1 interview. If you don't get that call you or e-mail you back within two weeks you didn't pass. Once you get your interview they say they will e-mail you the next business day about your acceptance or decline (2 weeks in reality). They will call you if you get it, received a call 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They had no questions for me, they kept talking about what they do and not what they wanted out of an intern. Make sure you know the company and what brands are under the bcbg logo. Know the designers, know the creative directors of the company, and basically understand the overall personality of the brand. How does your experience relate to what an intern at bcbg would do?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Go into the office, the receptionist calls the interviewer. Go into a small room and the interviewer comes in. Interviewer sits down and she asks about what my major was in College. why I applied to that position and asked about personal questions. She just asked me about personal questions-- how my personality is like, and I think she wanted to know the general "vibe" of my personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 10 years. What do you think about BCBG, Why did you apply to BCBG, What are your hobbies, what is your style   1 Answer

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Process was kinda lengthy, but in my experience they all have been. A little over a month total. Did a design project as well. Went through 2 interviews. Not difficult, normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pay pretty well, but they have to b/ c as you'll soon learn, it's a difficult place to work.