BD Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BD Director Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BD in April 2010.

Interview

Initial call from Search firm, followed by meeting the consultant from the search firm. This was followed up with an interview with the Country maanger and the HR head, in India. After this, a trip to Singapore to meet up with the heads of the business vertical, Finance, HR and the overall BD head for APAC. All were met independently, with each person focussing on probing on some of the competencies.
Meeting all people independently, allows the company to divide the task of assessing on different skills and competency, as well as allowed me to assess a range of people, compare answers to my questions, given by different people and to get a good sense of culture - which seemed to one of down to earth people, high levels of informality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a "fair" market based package, instead of a "current/prev + % markup" - since in my previous job I had taken a sharp CTC cut, in lieu of a 5% stake, and hence my base CTC was lower than normal.
While considering an offer, do probe on the internal heirarchy and whether your role would have "internal equity". Also seek clarifications on likely ESOP grants, how it works - and the linkage with different levels of the heirarchy (Job Groups)