BD Interview Questions in Franklin Lakes, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a quick 30 minute phone interview and was then invited to a Super Day Office Visit which took place 2 weeks later. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a case study, and other events that helped candidates get a better idea of what life at BD was like.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. She canceled on me twice. The first attempt for an interview was canceled 2 minutes before we were to be on the phone. She didn't offer a general apology for the last minute cancellation. When we did have the meeting, I found the recruiter rushed, and quite rude. She almost hung up on me when the three-minute interview concluded.

I picked Interview Difficulty as Difficult because the interviewer was difficult in manner and awkward with her questions.

Finance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

1.) Application 2.) HR call on 8/1 (couldn't answer hardly any questions about the role) 3.) Phone interview with peer on 8/25 4.) Phone interview with 2 additional Finance team members on 8/30 5.) Onsite interview however both interviewers were on video conference 9/19 6.) Scheduled interview with no information on 9/27.

You would think I was interviewing for the CEO position. Not sure I will take the role even if I get an offer as this process is telling me that NO ONE can make a decision. This position is a fairly senior level but this could've been done by one round of interviews in NJ.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and walking them through my resume/experience.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred internally. My resume was submitted to a hiring manager. My interview process involved two interviews. We spoke specifically about the project to be completed and how I could lend my skills.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, got a phone call from the manager of the group. We went through several details about my resume. Also he was interested in my research, I did a quick explanation.
    At onsite interview, several senior engineers showed up. Asked a lot of questions, all technical questions, obviously they do care about your expertise.

Interview Questions

• Design of a ball pen, how to determine the pressure? Which mechanism would be apply?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

Met with Director and VP level employees along with HR Recruiter. Intimidating atmosphere to the company given the time on the job of the people I interviewed with. Long walk into buildings from parking lot, leave yourself more time then you think. Buildings are essentially a maze, even the people that have worked there for 10 years don't know their way around the buildings.

TLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

First round interview was done over Skype. I was asked to prepare a 5 slide presentation on my research experience. There were two people conducting the interview. One of which was a current TLDP candidate. The second round interviews were held in Franklin Lakes, NJ at BD headquarters. This interview consisted of 7 individual interviews each lasting 45mins with 15min breaks in between. The people conducting the interviews were from different divisions and locations within BD. The interview style varied based on the person conducting the interview. It ranged from very casual discussion of my research to intense questions about my ability to lead.

Interview Questions

• Describe an impossible task you were given and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

TLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Nice experience throughout the process. Professional employees, very intelligent and approachable. My interview consisted of three rounds:
    1. On campus speaking to the BD rep.
    2. An in-person panel interview with four team members. Lasted about an hour was a mix of both of technical and personality questions. I had to give a 5 min presentation on my research work.
    3. Final round interview at the HQ (New Jersey). They flew me out to NJ.

The interview day was intense. One on one interview with 8 people for 45 min each, make sure to drink lots of coffee/tea :). There are 15 min breaks in between, The Franklin Lakes office is great - huge building with lot of art, exercise rooms, labs, offices, cafe etc.
    Interaction with the staff was positive and they genuinely want to know you as a person and if you will be a good fit. I felt very comfortable interviewing with them. Was interviewed from people high up (director, VP, manager, partner) to people who are junior. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Your Strengths/Weaknesses;
      2. Why BD
      3. Explain your research
      4. Technical questions on some of my projects
      5. Biggest failure and what you have to learnt from it.
      6. What are your career goals.
      7. What are the leadership experiences you have had
      1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty tedious, but well organized. I applied in Nov 2015; Got a call from HR a week after i applied through BD career site. HR screened me through a 30 minute call to ensure that my resume can be passed to the next step in the process. HR will make sure that you are the right candidate in terms of salary range, job experience required, general pulse check on the candidate.HR explained me the next step and expected timing for a phone interview, if selected for an interview with hiring manager. The process i went through >> HR Interview >> Hiring Manager Phone Interview >> In person interview (3 hours) with 3 hiring manager's who interact with the role >> then 2 phone interviews with hiring manager >> 1 HR manager interview >> Got a call from the HR on the job offer.

From start to finish the hiring process has taken about 2 1/2 months. BD will ensure that they are hiring the right candidate for the role. Good process overall!

Hiring manager questions are focused mainly on the experience required for the job;Some general behavior questions;

Interview Questions

• Some Behavior Questions:
      -How to you manage conflicting priorities?
      -How do you influence other team members?
      -Why are you looking for a job?
      -Tell me about yourself?
      -Explain your significant accomplishment?
      -What are your key strengths and weaknesses?
      1 Answer

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

8 people interviewed me over two sessions including both technical and behavioral questions. The interviews were organized but there is very little moving around. I was in the same room all day with a one hour lunch break and an hour of free time to myself.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions...how would you market a product based on the described product landscape   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but had a competing offer to help