BD Interview Questions in Franklin Lakes, NJ | Glassdoor

3.1

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school's career center. After initial 30 minute school interview with BD supervisor, i was asked for an on site visit in Franklin Lakes to talk with my potential senior manager for another 30 minutes. The interviewers were both very nice and easy to talk to. Both interviewers had a list of questions were they wrote my responses on.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word. How would your best friend describe you in one word. How would your family describe you in one word.   Answer Question
    • Why Becton Dickinson? Why the Pre-analytical division?   Answer Question
    • Describe two experience, one from work experience and one from a school project, in which you had the role of being a leader   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a hiring manager who asked me overtly general questions, general to the point where they could not be answered accurately without my qualifying the interviewer moreso, though she was unable to be more specific.

Having made it through the first interview and on to the second, I then spoke to a SME, who gave me a more specific outline of the position and, was able to better qualify me in terms of my experience and how well of a fit I would be in to their culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an influx of questions from across the 45,000 employees who would be using the training materials you would design?   Answer Question

Information Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter. Screened by recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with peer director, onsite 1-hr panel interview with Directors and VPs. Questions were mostly about my experience with various processes / challenges and how I have approached solving them.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for from BD that I am not getting from my current role.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the IT internship. They had a casual pre-interview dinner the night before, then a single on-campus interview which lasted around 45 minutes. Two interviewers took turns asking questions from a list and writing down my responses. Everyone was very friendly and it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What kinds of projects interest you?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a quick 30 minute phone interview and was then invited to a Super Day Office Visit which took place 2 weeks later. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a case study, and other events that helped candidates get a better idea of what life at BD was like.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. She canceled on me twice. The first attempt for an interview was canceled 2 minutes before we were to be on the phone. She didn't offer a general apology for the last minute cancellation. When we did have the meeting, I found the recruiter rushed, and quite rude. She almost hung up on me when the three-minute interview concluded.

I picked Interview Difficulty as Difficult because the interviewer was difficult in manner and awkward with her questions.

Finance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

1.) Application 2.) HR call on 8/1 (couldn't answer hardly any questions about the role) 3.) Phone interview with peer on 8/25 4.) Phone interview with 2 additional Finance team members on 8/30 5.) Onsite interview however both interviewers were on video conference 9/19 6.) Scheduled interview with no information on 9/27.

You would think I was interviewing for the CEO position. Not sure I will take the role even if I get an offer as this process is telling me that NO ONE can make a decision. This position is a fairly senior level but this could've been done by one round of interviews in NJ.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and walking them through my resume/experience.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

This was a very typical interview. They were extremely kind and considerate. The interview process was easy and it went well. The staff that I met were very kind and all through the process people made you feel very at home and welcome. The interviewer was straight forward and emotionless however.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred internally. My resume was submitted to a hiring manager. My interview process involved two interviews. We spoke specifically about the project to be completed and how I could lend my skills.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, got a phone call from the manager of the group. We went through several details about my resume. Also he was interested in my research, I did a quick explanation.
    At onsite interview, several senior engineers showed up. Asked a lot of questions, all technical questions, obviously they do care about your expertise.

Interview Questions

• Design of a ball pen, how to determine the pressure? Which mechanism would be apply?   Answer Question