BD Interview Questions in Sumter, SC | Glassdoor

BD Interview Questions in Sumter, SC

Interviews at BD

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Sumter, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. I was paired up with one of the supervising technicians and went over the equipment on the floor. The process mainly involved him asking what a particular machine or system does then following up with simple troubleshooting questions. Afterwards I spoke briefly with an HR person then was sent on my way.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BD (Sumter, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

Full day schedule of one-hour mtgs with leaders from each department. Taken out to a nice restaurant (of my choice).
    There was a main POC during the process for breaks, etc., a full facility tour, and all of the interviewers came prepared with applicable questions.

Tiring, but worth it!

Interview Questions

• What about BD interests you to cause you to apply?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Sumter, SC) in February 2013.

Interview

A recruiter found the job for me. A phone interview was setup. They got back to me within a few days and setup an in person interview. The in person interview was with all the top people at the plant. The HR team was very very nice. The management team was also very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was through a recruiter. It was painful through the recruiter, but it seemed like the company knew what they were doing. They offered all the information I asked for; benefits, stock programs, investment programs, bonus programs, and opportunity for advancement.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Sumter, SC) in October 2009.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that went well, about 25 min. Was called back for an on-site interview for the next week. Lasted about 6 hrs. First hour was filling out paperwork then an hour for a plant tour. Nice, clean, big facility. Then I spoke with the hiring manager and a dept manger. The questions were typical behavior type questions like "Describe a time you had an employee that wasn't performing as expected, how did you deal with that". They are very focused on leadership training. Particularly on training subordinates and getting them ready for promotion. This topic was brought up numerous times. After that I spoke with 2 supervisors. Same type questions. Then went to lunch. Talked with 2 other managers/supervisors after lunch. Overall, the people are nice and they give you the opportunity to speak. They care about what they are doing and they understand that they have to make a quality product at a low price. Very impressive organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time an employee wasn't performing and what you did to get them to improve.   Answer Question