BDO Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

3.1

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Professional Interview

Interview

First, online application form which is straight forward. Second, multiple online tests, such as numerical and verbal. Then a video interview where they ask you 9 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer. Then I am attending an assessment centre on Monday.

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO.

Interview

It was an online video interview. It's no talking with a person but just record what you said. Basically, the questions are the same with the girl kindly provided. There is only one last question that is different, which is about customer service. And the last two questions are given 90 sec to prepare and 90 sec to answer.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

Online application that included two questions and a CV. After the online tests, I got the Video Interview. It has 9 questions and is strengths based. After the interview they take 2 weeks to reply

Interview Questions

• Why is profitability important for our business? Importance of client experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO.

Interview

-Application was pretty standard
    -Tests weren’t too hard, I used assessment-days £40 package full of practice tests.
    -Video interview was tricky and you didn’t have much time but all the questions were leaked online it seemed. Mostly strength based but remember to relate it not only to the company values but your experiences.
    -Assessement day, a smallish group of 8. We performed a 30 min group exercise, followed by a partner presentation, followed by further 30 mins of the group exercise, followed by a small written task (don’t go overboard and write loads, know who you are writing too), followed by a partner interview that is pretty relaxed and finally you give a 1 on 1 presentation based on the exercises, you have about 40 mins to write (remember they don’t care that much about the details, it’s about your presentation skills).

Interview Questions

• Why BDO
      Why your line of service
      Standard strength questions- negative feedback, getting everyone involved, coping with an unexpected situation...   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

The video interview does not have many questions but is challenging in terms of the broadness of the questions. Recruitment team was excellent in providing feedback quickly and informing you if you progressed or not.

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Really good interview process. Online testing was fine and the video interview questions were not too hard. Then there was an assessment day which was actually quite relaxed and fun day.

Tax Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO in November 2017.

Interview

Interview went well. I think there were around 9 questions, all strength based. You can take breaks between questions. Questions were not that hard, and they give you 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute and 30 sec to answer.

Interview Questions

• in terms of profitability why do you think it's important how our business works?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO in November 2017.

Interview

On-demand video interview, 9 questions. Given unlimited time to prepare for the 1st question, then for the questions thereafter you're given 30 seconds (or more for the last 2 questions). Responses have to be less than 1.5 minutes long, and it was a strength-based interview, so no questions like why BDO, why the role, etc.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Did the usual tests (numerical, verbal reasoning, etc.) Got asked to do a video interview which was OK - very competency based and asking why you applied to BDO.

Got asked to attend AC after this. There were 6 candidates at my AC who were all applying to same department. When being assessed, there were four assessors in room with us, along with the lead of the AC. It was EXTREMELY cramped and very off-putting. They were literally sitting round the table with us - very annoying and disappointing. The task was decent, you basically had to give ideas for a new graduate process. In the middle the task changed and you were taken to talk to Senior Staff who told you more about the company in smaller groups. We then came back to finish group discussion - but since the day was so broken up it was difficult to jump back into and very confusing. Did not like this. After this, we all had to individually present our ideas to a manager at BDO for about 20 minutes (including questions). Then I had the one-to-one interview which was quite difficult even though I had prepared. Lastly was the written task which was fairly easy and just required writing an e-mail response.

Overall, the day was a bit messy and there were too many people within the room which made all the candidates feel a bit uneasy.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application and then phone screening about why I was interested in the role, my availability, any pre booked holidays. This followed with a face to face interview. Lack of communication and follow up process by HR was poor.