BDO Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

BDO Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.1

Graduate Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO in April 2017.

Interview

Numerical and situational type task, pretty straight forward with some personalised feedback that was nice. Then got an email saying I needed to complete a video interview. Let me just say this was the hardest interview I have ever done in my life and I think its safe to say i've done my fair few. I didn't even finish the interview I got to question 10 and gave up as I knew I wasn't getting through.

The questions are not the usual questions such as why do you want to work at BDO and what you can bring but are a very strange selection. They're not even competency questions really, the questions seem to be tailored for very brief 30 second answers and yet you are given 1 minute 30 to answer them.

On the bright side you don't need to waste time actually researching the business (theres no questions regarding this) like I did but just need to be able to react quickly to more general questions such as how do you make sure everyones opinions are involved in your work.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "why is it important to view the profitability of the business"   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer - Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO (Gatwick, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Online Psychometric Tests
    2. Video Interview (Recorded, not live)
    3. Assessment Centre

They gave very detailed feedback about the video interview process, and I received an offer less than an hour after completing their assessment centre (which felt great!)

Interview Questions

• What is the benefit of working on a specific project (already pre-determined, planned)?   Answer Question

Private Client Services Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organised and I the HR department stayed in contact with me throughout the whole process. After completing the application form on line I completed on line tests. Next was invited to complete an on line video interview. The questions flashed up on the screen and then I recorded my answers.
    Then there was the assessment day in London. The day was quite relaxed. There was a group exercise which wasn't complicated but did drag throughout the whole day. You had to complete individual presentations on your findings at the end of the day to an assessor. There is also a formal strengths based interview.

Ethics Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A three-stage interview process.

First Stage - Ethical scenario questions, Microsoft Office Competency Test, and a Verbal Reasoning assessment.
    Second Stage - Meeting with Ethics Manager - competency based questions and discussion about your answers to ethics questions.
    Final Stage - If successful after 2nd stage, meeting with Ethics Director and Ethics Partner

Unfortunately, despite me reaching the final interview stage, no one in HR had the decency to let me know that I hadn't been successful, nor did they have the courtesy to tell me that the original resourcer I'd been liaising with had left the business. After sending polite and timely follow-up emails and calls, I received no response which I found to be disgraceful, especially from a firm that prides themselves on their professionalism and building relationships with people. The lack of communication I experienced was unacceptable. When I finally got ahold of someone in HR for feedback, as it was obvious after 3 weeks of waiting that I wasn't successful, none had been provided.

Interview Questions

• Ethics Question - You are travelling with three other passengers in a bus. The driver loses control and the bus crashes into a ditch. You notice that petrol is leaking quite rapidly and you are the only person who is still mobile after the crash. In the bus are a pregnant woman, your neighbour, who you know has terminal cancer, and the bus driver who is 65 years old. The car is about to explode in one minute and you can either save the pregnant woman or save both the neighbour and the bus driver.   1 Answer

Graduate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO.

Interview

the interview process is straight forward. first, i completed the application form. then i was invited to take online assessments. not too difficult. i was contacted to at ten first interview at the office. later get back to me i was successful. the AC is relaxing. had a presentation, group project, a written report and par interview.

Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO.

Interview

In line with other processes, application, tests, video interview then an assessment centre which includes; group work,written assignment, presentation and an interview. Both interviews were strength based, meaning you can express your thoughts and who you are. Made to feel relaxed and at ease throughout. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.

Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Strengths-based and therefore difficult to prepare for. However, easier and more natural than a competency-based interview. Questions are more likely to ask what you would do or feel in a certain situation rather than to name a time where you had done something. It was a very relaxed interview and it felt more like a conversation that an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to do research and analysis before making a decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BDO (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

This company is so rubbish. I have attended 5 interviews with different department. They do not employ non white's. They were using me to tick the ethic minority box. Don't waste your time applying to BDO London, if you are not white, they will never employ you or even bother to give you a feedback. The recruiting department is so bad that they will not bother to tell you anything. I am so sure that if l put my application in again, they will call me again for 1st interview. I am keen to get a job and work hard but BDO will not employ me because I am not white.

They can employ rubbish people to run their HR. This goes to show how useless this company is.

Advisory Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO.

Interview

I applied online, and was sent links to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Within a few days, I received another link to complete a video interview which was quite straightforward, and mostly about the values of the company and how they aligned with my own.

Audit Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Filling in the form online. Got invited to online aptitute tests after initial screening. Then an on-demand video interview with deadline. Waited for 2 months then got notified that my application wasn't successful.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when something goes wrong?
      How do you ensure exceptional customer service?
      Answer Question