BDO USA Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

There were twenty other candidates. The company was introduced, there was a panel for question, I interviewed with three managers, and had lunch with some associates. The interview was not laid back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, one on-campus and one in the New York Office. The on-campus interview was conversational, based mostly on questions that I had about the firm and the interviewer. The interviewer didn't ask any behavioral questions or questions about my experience. My advice would be to prepare a list of your own questions to keep the interview going as long as time allows.

The office interview was with a partner and a manager. Both were laid back and conversational as well. It was mostly based on my experience and why I wanted to join.

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

One on-campus interview with one interviewer then one in-house interview with 4 interviewers. The interviewers ranged from senior managers to partners. Since this was a college recruitment/ interview, there were a bunch of students who interviewed in-house on the same day. The interview questions are very generic and pretty much all behavioral

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty simple. I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screening. I was then asked to come in for an in-office interview. It seemed like I was going to get the job-the interviewer went as far to say I was exactly what they were looking for- but they dragged out giving me a response for about a month before actually emailing me back saying they don't think I am what they were looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavioral and conversational interview. Also had a panel interview. They did not ask any technical questions. Overall the interview was easy. First had a phone interview with the HR and then I was called for an office interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a career fair on campus. In general there were two official rounds of interview. After the resume screening, I was chosen for an on campus interview which last about 30-45 minutes with a director of assurance; the atmosphere was relaxing, mostly conversational;
    I got an email within a week to learn that I was invited to an office interview. The evening before the office interview, I went to a pre-interview dinner at a local restaurant where I met up with 10+ other candidates and BDO staff. It was very informal just to get to know the firm.
    In house interview consisted of 3 interviews back to back with 2 Managers and 1 partner. They started with introducing themselves and asked questions about me, my experience and some behavioral questions like tell me how you deal with difficult person, how do you work in a team.. etc. No technical questions. They didn't give me any updates so after two weeks I tried to follow up and got an automated email (with some mistyping) saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through school website and got accepted for an on-campus interview. The interview was very conversational with general interview questions like, what is your greatest accomplishment, greatest strength, etc. It was a very simple interview and the person was very nice. They said they would contact me in a week for another interview and I never heard anything back from them. I know people that were contacted in a few days while I never heard anything. It was extremely unprofessional of them to do it especially after I tried to contact them to ask about it. I know someone that had their interview cancelled last minute which shows you how dysfunctional they are with this whole process.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who already works for BDO. I interviewed with three people. The questions were more conversational. (Make sure you do your homework and come prepared to ask questions). I got an offer the next day and started two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult-again it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview

Like other big accounting firms recruiting process. I had one on-campus interview and one in-house interview.
    The on-campus interview was more focus on my past internship experience and educational background. Question: What the difference between your first and second internship? What's the major difference you have found between your last internship and at school? How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility?
    The in-house interview started with the brief background of the company's culture and value. The recruiter explained the agenda of the day. I was interviewed by two interviewers, one is a director and the other is a manager. The key of this interview is show them yourself and be conformable. The first interviewer was very aggressive of asking me lots of questions. The second interviewer was lay back and asked me to ask he question first.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility? If the particular team members didn't have the ability, what will do?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Interview

Most of the interview consisted of personal questions and experience during internships and such. Pretty easy interview. For most people, this is the first job out of college so they can not exactly be too tough.