BDO USA Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.5

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email saying I was selected for an interview in two weeks. No phone calls. I was sent another email with details needed four days before interview. I had to book a flight and hotel for this interview so I found it weird that I wouldn't at least get a phone call or some personable contact. Everything felt a little unprofessional. After the group lunch, I did very well on the three conversational interviews. They said we would know the outcome in two weeks, that didnt happen. A few weeks later after playing phone tag with a partner who didnt interview me said that the job was competitive and because I hadn't done a public accounting internship I wasn't what they were looking for, but he would see if another location would take me. I felt insulted and strung along. I wonder why they made me travel so far if they could easily see on my resume I didn't have the experience they were looking for and no matter how well I interviewed I wasnt getting an offer.
 Overall, very unprofessional and I'm glad I don't work there, just sorry I traveled for it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Dinner the night before on campus interview. Found out about second round, inhouse interview within a week. Everyone was friendly, more laid back and conversational. Some miscommunication but it was handled well.

Interview Questions

LA office doesn't feel inviting since its older without any open concept floor plan. Also got a better offer somewhere else

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email from HR to schedule a time to do a phone interview. It took 15 minutes. Easy question, what is your major strength? What is your weakness? Tell me about your background. Describe a time you have hard to face in group. What do you know about the company? Then, I got the chance to schedule second interview in main office.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2016.

Interview

For students to even get an interview, they must attend networking events throughout the recruiting season. This will increase the chance to get an interview. First round of interviews is at your school. One on one, mostly behavioral questions. Second round is at the office and consist of 4 separate interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• What makes you best candidate for this position? Why accounting? Who have you met here that the office? Why BDO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview with one of the audit seniors for 20 mins. The audit senior asked few questions related to my personal interests instead of my past work experiences. Felt like they want to learn what you would do outside of work just like your college application essay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The senior managers want to see if you fit in the firm well. The office interview is 3 interviews and then a lunch with senior associates, managers, senior managers, and partners.

Interview Questions

Had another offer somewhere else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple conversation
    Nothing much around 30 minutes, asking questions instead of answering.
    Not a traditional behavior interview you would expect, more of a relaxed conversation.
    No hard questions, but you need to prepare for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first round interview on campus then invited to an in house interviews. Mostly behavioral. no brain teasing questions were asked. Interviewed with manager level employees. Interview process took over two months but the HR did a great job following up with the status so I wasn't worried.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started by having a phone interview, pretty standard interview questions for an accounting firm. Then, had my second and last interview in their office. During the office visit, I had three different interviewers. It was more conversational and testing to see if you would fit in their office environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Gave me an offer and made my decision.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Very friendly and welcoming. Informal questioning. They ask what type of situation you have been in and what you did. Basically it was behavior questions and to get a feel of how you would fit with the company. Interviewed with two different people at two different times but back to back. East going.