BDO USA Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2018

2.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for Audit Intern position for Houston through my internal auditing program at school. Very nice and laid back interview. Interviewed with an audit manager who was nice, which you can get the misconception of possibly getting the offer. Interview lasted about 40 minutes. No unusual questions, mostly behavioral questions, ex. tell me a time when... Need to research about the company as well. Interviewed in Spring 2014 for summer intern position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.

Audit Interview

Application

I interviewed at BDO USA in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through career website and got invited to the interview. There are two rounds of interview:

- The first round was on campus. It was pretty easy, just a couple questions about resume and pass experience.

- The second round was at office and consisted of 3 interviews with management people. Very conversational inteviews, just to get to know you.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I went to the interview center at my college, I had to wait about 15 minutes and there were other students waiting with me. A recruiter came out and checked me in and told me who I would be interviewing with and then a few minutes later the interviewer came out and we went into an office. It was a very laid back interview, I enjoyed talking to the guy who interviewed me, he asked me about myself and then asked some classic interview questions but nothing too off the wall, it lasted about 30 minutes and then he said they would get back to me. Overall it was pretty easy, he didn't ask me any company information and at the end he asked what questions he could answer for me. I just answered his questions honestly and he seemed to like that.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline, I am still waiting to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through university website then got an on campus interview, the process was smooth and the interviewer seems nice. But she was not knowledgeable enough since she was not from the audit department and was not able to answer some of my questions.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Took about two months after the initial interview for an offer. The interview process was what you would expect. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. It was more of just a conversation instead of an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Troy, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I did on-campus recruiting. I applied one the college recruiting website and was brought in for an on-campus interview. The interview was entirely based on personality. First, you sit in a room with about 8 people from BDO who act as greeters and answer questions about the interview. Other interview candidates are also in the room. Then you have about a half-hour "interview" with a lower-level staff member. You would think an interview based entirely on personality and friendliness would be great. I am a very friendly and easy-going person who has no problem keeping conversations with people. Except the greeters in the first room were barely friendly and not at all personable. They spent half the time I was there staring at their computers, and actually ignored a question I asked that I know was heard. It was hardly a welcoming atmosphere. Then, the gentleman I interviewed with, spent the entire interview telling me how awesome he was. Not one single question for me. How can you decide if you like a person for your company if you don't bother to find anything out about them. Unbelievable. I didn't get a call back. I can't say I'm disappointed. I was probably less impressed with them than they were with me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with BDO representatives at a career fair on campus for Accountancy Majors. After the career fair I was invited to interview on campus with another representative from the company. I spoke with a Senior Manager for 30 minutes. During this interview, they asked me questions about myself, why I choose the school I go to, why accounting, why audit, etc. After this interview I was invited for an in office interview in Chicago, IL. During the in office interview they took myself and four other candidates out to lunch. We went with four first and second year associates. This was just an ice breaker, and allowing them to get to know us. Afterwards, I sat down with three other Senior Managers for 30 minutes each. During this time, they asked general resume questions, why accounting, and what would I do in certain TEAM scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round was an on-campus interview. The questions were mainly based off of my resume but included a couple of behavioral questions. The second-round in-house interview was much the same. Nobody tried throwing any curve balls and everyone seemed to be very sincere.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life when you had to undergo a change.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was very conversational and they did most of the talking. They called the same day to extend the offer. I received a call from the recruiter and they gave me the follow up face to face interview during the phone call.