BDO USA Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took around a month. Very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. Interviewed by two senior managers who were easy to talk to. They asked a few general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and through their online application. Within about a week after applying I was granted an on campus interview, which was 30 minutes. The on campus interview was with a partner. Most of the questions asked were regarding my resume and accomplishments. I was also asked about my grades in my accounting classes. About a week or to later I was granted an office interview. The interview was a couple of beginning with lunch, then an office tour, then a panel where current employees talked about their experiences and candidates asked questions, then finally two separate interviews lasting about 30 minutes each. These interviews were with partners and managers. My interviews didn't feel like interviews at all. They were more like conversations. These interviews are to make sure that you're a good fit for the firm and that the firm is a good fit for you. Nothing scary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume and accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my experience with difficult clients and also customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was selected for an on-campus interview. The first round interview was with a partner who was very friendly and laid back. There weren't any real questions other than "tell me about yourself," and it was mostly conversational.
    I was invited to a second round interview at the office. It consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and a partner. These interviews had a more formal feel to them, but still weren't too serious. Mostly about finding candidates who are a good fit for the company. Probably the most friendly, genuinely nice people I've interviewed with, and they were fun to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with four professionals during the second-round interview. The questions are behavioral questions with a focus on your interests other than school life. Make sure to do some homework about the company and have an answer for "Why BDO".

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was very conversational and they did most of the talking. They called the same day to extend the offer. I received a call from the recruiter and they gave me the follow up face to face interview during the phone call.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Took about two months after the initial interview for an offer. The interview process was what you would expect. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. It was more of just a conversation instead of an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview (15 mins) with the recruiter from another office before being referred to meeting with members of the management team at the local office. There, I met with one senior manager and one partner. Would have typically met with the managing assurance partner, but he was unavailable. A discussion of previous work experience was the bulk of the interview, followed by the interviewer discussing the office, it's clients, and other general information. Relatively low-intensity. Both interviewers were extremely energetic and seemed very pleased with their job.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I went to the interview center at my college, I had to wait about 15 minutes and there were other students waiting with me. A recruiter came out and checked me in and told me who I would be interviewing with and then a few minutes later the interviewer came out and we went into an office. It was a very laid back interview, I enjoyed talking to the guy who interviewed me, he asked me about myself and then asked some classic interview questions but nothing too off the wall, it lasted about 30 minutes and then he said they would get back to me. Overall it was pretty easy, he didn't ask me any company information and at the end he asked what questions he could answer for me. I just answered his questions honestly and he seemed to like that.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline, I am still waiting to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Troy, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I did on-campus recruiting. I applied one the college recruiting website and was brought in for an on-campus interview. The interview was entirely based on personality. First, you sit in a room with about 8 people from BDO who act as greeters and answer questions about the interview. Other interview candidates are also in the room. Then you have about a half-hour "interview" with a lower-level staff member. You would think an interview based entirely on personality and friendliness would be great. I am a very friendly and easy-going person who has no problem keeping conversations with people. Except the greeters in the first room were barely friendly and not at all personable. They spent half the time I was there staring at their computers, and actually ignored a question I asked that I know was heard. It was hardly a welcoming atmosphere. Then, the gentleman I interviewed with, spent the entire interview telling me how awesome he was. Not one single question for me. How can you decide if you like a person for your company if you don't bother to find anything out about them. Unbelievable. I didn't get a call back. I can't say I'm disappointed. I was probably less impressed with them than they were with me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with BDO representatives at a career fair on campus for Accountancy Majors. After the career fair I was invited to interview on campus with another representative from the company. I spoke with a Senior Manager for 30 minutes. During this interview, they asked me questions about myself, why I choose the school I go to, why accounting, why audit, etc. After this interview I was invited for an in office interview in Chicago, IL. During the in office interview they took myself and four other candidates out to lunch. We went with four first and second year associates. This was just an ice breaker, and allowing them to get to know us. Afterwards, I sat down with three other Senior Managers for 30 minutes each. During this time, they asked general resume questions, why accounting, and what would I do in certain TEAM scenarios.