BDO USA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through college campus portal and was invited for on campus interviews with two partners from the audit practice. First interviewer was extremely unpleasant (threw his business card on the table for me) while the second was fantastic and personable. Overall, had a mixed opinion about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why and how did you choose the college you are attending at the moment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through the University career website and was invited to an on-campus interview. After, received an invite to an in-office interview. Met with three employees for the in-office interview. One of the Managers did not seem like they wanted to be there. I got a good feel from the culture. Everything was very conversational, no behavioral questions. It look a long time to hear back from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially did not get on campus interview with BDO. Was called back to do a regional pathway to success program and interviewed for tax position in program. Interviewer was friendly (we talked very casually and held a pleasant conversation talking about the school we both had attended), and employees/recruiter were very nice. Heard back after several days and accepted spring internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are some weaknesses that you think you can improve on?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was easy. Just introduce yourself and who do you choose BDO. I like my interviewer and we had a good conversation. It lasted for 30 minutes. I talked a lot, so did my interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I did an interview through on campus recruiting with a partner. It was a very relaxed interview. I was invited to an office visit, where they had a panel with associates to answer any of our questions. Then, we were each interviewed by 3 people (manager, senior manager, and partner). They were all very easygoing and conversational interviews, and everyone was extremely friendly during the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed once on campus, through the career center, with an Audit manager from the Los Angeles office. Pretty typical behavioral interview. They asked about my extracurriculars, my strengths and weaknesses, and we discussed the culture of BDO versus other firms.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned in your extra-curricular activities that you can bring with you to BDO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview with a partner and a manager in the financial services audit department. The first interviewer mainly spoke about his own career track and what the intern training program was about. The second just opened up the conversation for my own questions and we had an interesting talk about some of the more recent regulatory trends in the financial services sector and how it has affected audit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I can't find on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through university, got 1st round interviews on campus. 2ND round interviews were in office, consisted of lunch with the professionals and then three 30 minute interviews. Basic questions, some behavioral. Overall a 1-1.5 month process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It started with pre-recruiting night, followed by a school interview with a manager, then an office interview with a two managers and a partner. There was an optional office event at a local restaurant. It is strongly encouraged to attend the pre-second round event.

Other offers.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a campus interview and then an office visit with 3 interviews. Prepare lots of questions. They didn't really ask any hard questions, it was basically just a conversation.