BDO USA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through college campus portal and was invited for on campus interviews with two partners from the audit practice. First interviewer was extremely unpleasant (threw his business card on the table for me) while the second was fantastic and personable. Overall, had a mixed opinion about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why and how did you choose the college you are attending at the moment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Two interviews: one in office. I had the first interview on campus. The in office one you can interview with up to 3 people. You can interview with a Manager, Senior. The interview was very comfortable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was three interviews with different people. Very easy to talk to all of them which led to a very pleasant interview. The first interview was with a recruiter. It took about a few weeks for all of the interviews to take place.

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Solon, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. My first round interview was at the college career center where I met an HR related person who just asked me simple behavioral questions on why I chose BDO. It was very general and pleasant. Was asked back for a second round interview at their offices via a phone call about a couple weeks later and it was with 3 interviewers one after another with around 15 other students from other universities. Interviewers were very pleasant and generally asked behavioral questions tailored from your resume. Struck up good conversation with all three while answering the questions and the 30 minutes basically flew by. I received a phone call confirming if I wanted to join their company as an intern about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the intern pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through the University career website and was invited to an on-campus interview. After, received an invite to an in-office interview. Met with three employees for the in-office interview. One of the Managers did not seem like they wanted to be there. I got a good feel from the culture. Everything was very conversational, no behavioral questions. It look a long time to hear back from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through university, got 1st round interviews on campus. 2ND round interviews were in office, consisted of lunch with the professionals and then three 30 minute interviews. Basic questions, some behavioral. Overall a 1-1.5 month process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

BDO, offered me an internship after a few rounds of interviews. I met with an HR representative on my campus and was later offered an opportunity at their New York Office. During the office interview I spoke with two different managers who told me a lot about their on experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many difficult questions. Just a normal scanning through of my resume for clarification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process entailed a campus interview in which I met with a senior employee for a half hour. I was then asked back to complete a second interview within the Chicago office. The interview is very standard and the people within the office are very easy-going. Although I did not receive an offer within the position I originally applied for, I did receive an offer for an internship within a related area that I really enjoyed. I would definitely suggest working for this firm if an opportunity arises.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have dealt with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2011.

Interview

I got the interview from the Career Center in my school for the Summer Intern position. The interviewer was very friendly. I was asked about the reasons I chose accounting, my school, and why BDO. Other questions were about my work experiences, leadership skills, and knowledge about the company. In overall, it was a typical interview and you need to be well-prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience when working in a group project that did not run so well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with several partners and senior managers. They were all very nice and they treated me with respect. I really felt as though I jived with the firm. The few people that I wasn't quite sure about, i later came to really appreciate. I think that the firm is experiencing some growing pains, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a team that went really well?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and it didn't go so well?   Answer Question