BDO USA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview first, in which I met with only one person. He basically just asked me to elaborate on my resume. Then, I was invited to an office visit, in which I interviewed with 3 separate people.

Interview Questions

• How have your extracurricular activities made you a better candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Two interviews: one in office. I had the first interview on campus. The in office one you can interview with up to 3 people. You can interview with a Manager, Senior. The interview was very comfortable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was three interviews with different people. Very easy to talk to all of them which led to a very pleasant interview. The first interview was with a recruiter. It took about a few weeks for all of the interviews to take place.

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Solon, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. My first round interview was at the college career center where I met an HR related person who just asked me simple behavioral questions on why I chose BDO. It was very general and pleasant. Was asked back for a second round interview at their offices via a phone call about a couple weeks later and it was with 3 interviewers one after another with around 15 other students from other universities. Interviewers were very pleasant and generally asked behavioral questions tailored from your resume. Struck up good conversation with all three while answering the questions and the 30 minutes basically flew by. I received a phone call confirming if I wanted to join their company as an intern about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the intern pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through college campus portal and was invited for on campus interviews with two partners from the audit practice. First interviewer was extremely unpleasant (threw his business card on the table for me) while the second was fantastic and personable. Overall, had a mixed opinion about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why and how did you choose the college you are attending at the moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through the University career website and was invited to an on-campus interview. After, received an invite to an in-office interview. Met with three employees for the in-office interview. One of the Managers did not seem like they wanted to be there. I got a good feel from the culture. Everything was very conversational, no behavioral questions. It look a long time to hear back from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially did not get on campus interview with BDO. Was called back to do a regional pathway to success program and interviewed for tax position in program. Interviewer was friendly (we talked very casually and held a pleasant conversation talking about the school we both had attended), and employees/recruiter were very nice. Heard back after several days and accepted spring internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are some weaknesses that you think you can improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed once on campus, through the career center, with an Audit manager from the Los Angeles office. Pretty typical behavioral interview. They asked about my extracurriculars, my strengths and weaknesses, and we discussed the culture of BDO versus other firms.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned in your extra-curricular activities that you can bring with you to BDO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I did an interview through on campus recruiting with a partner. It was a very relaxed interview. I was invited to an office visit, where they had a panel with associates to answer any of our questions. Then, we were each interviewed by 3 people (manager, senior manager, and partner). They were all very easygoing and conversational interviews, and everyone was extremely friendly during the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was easy. Just introduce yourself and who do you choose BDO. I like my interviewer and we had a good conversation. It lasted for 30 minutes. I talked a lot, so did my interviewer.