BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

STS R&D Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the website and emailed back for a phone interview coordinated by Campus Recruiter with STS Manager. The manager was 20 minutes late calling and with broken english or poor communication just threw a word salad together and asked if that was ok. Sure. Followed by questions like what did you do with your degree? How come you don't have a job? Why do you want to work for BDO? How do you know about BDO? She was unprepared and didn't prepare questions. Didn't even look at the resume she had. Poorly conducted interview and haven't been this frustrated with the company before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me a little more about __ role at ___. How come you applied to BDO? What interest do you have in accounting? What are you career goals? I see you have a degree in ___ what are you doing with your degree now that you're graduated?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Resume review (submitted online) and then a short on campus interview with someone who worked in a local office. Basic questions including strengths and weaknesses, behavioral questions and where you see yourself in your career next year, in 5 years, etc. Very casual and the woman who interviewed me was pleasant to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of your favorite accounting classes?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem while working with a group of people.   Answer Question

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The application process sucks. BDO hr found me via Linkedin and I was interested in an open position in New York. Then hr gave me NY hr's contact info. I scheduled a phone interview with NY hr. He did not call me on time and the phone call is very casual. I told him my background and he showed interest. But they are not interested in hiring people who need h1b transfer.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took around a month. Very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. Interviewed by two senior managers who were easy to talk to. They asked a few general behavioral questions.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's job search portal and received a phone interview. The interviewer was a little listless and the overall interview left me with a slightly negative impression.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through college campus portal and was invited for on campus interviews with two partners from the audit practice. First interviewer was extremely unpleasant (threw his business card on the table for me) while the second was fantastic and personable. Overall, had a mixed opinion about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why and how did you choose the college you are attending at the moment?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email saying I was selected for an interview in two weeks. No phone calls. I was sent another email with details needed four days before interview. I had to book a flight and hotel for this interview so I found it weird that I wouldn't at least get a phone call or some personable contact. Everything felt a little unprofessional. After the group lunch, I did very well on the three conversational interviews. They said we would know the outcome in two weeks, that didnt happen. A few weeks later after playing phone tag with a partner who didnt interview me said that the job was competitive and because I hadn't done a public accounting internship I wasn't what they were looking for, but he would see if another location would take me. I felt insulted and strung along. I wonder why they made me travel so far if they could easily see on my resume I didn't have the experience they were looking for and no matter how well I interviewed I wasnt getting an offer.
     Overall, very unprofessional and I'm glad I don't work there, just sorry I traveled for it.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Made an Online application at their web page, soon got a call for the First Round which was Telephonic interview, followed by second round 1:1 with the Line of Service manager and Partner which was more technical and competence based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through the University career website and was invited to an on-campus interview. After, received an invite to an in-office interview. Met with three employees for the in-office interview. One of the Managers did not seem like they wanted to be there. I got a good feel from the culture. Everything was very conversational, no behavioral questions. It look a long time to hear back from the recruiter.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

In the Philadelphia office, the whole process took about a month. First round interviews were on campus. Second round was in office. They connected us within two weeks of our offers. Behavioral questions, very relaxed, regular interviews. There was a panel so you could ask different ranks of employees questions. They took us all out to lunch afterward. Great people, nice office.