BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.6

287 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening to start the process. After the phone interview, I was invited into the office to speak with two managers. Both managers were very easy to speak to and just wanted to find out about your background and skills. Interviews were conversational and pleasant. About a week and a half later, I received a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what did you do at your prior jobs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Two interviews: one in office. I had the first interview on campus. The in office one you can interview with up to 3 people. You can interview with a Manager, Senior. The interview was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Resume review (submitted online) and then a short on campus interview with someone who worked in a local office. Basic questions including strengths and weaknesses, behavioral questions and where you see yourself in your career next year, in 5 years, etc. Very casual and the woman who interviewed me was pleasant to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of your favorite accounting classes?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem while working with a group of people.   Answer Question

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The application process sucks. BDO hr found me via Linkedin and I was interested in an open position in New York. Then hr gave me NY hr's contact info. I scheduled a phone interview with NY hr. He did not call me on time and the phone call is very casual. I told him my background and he showed interest. But they are not interested in hiring people who need h1b transfer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was three interviews with different people. Very easy to talk to all of them which led to a very pleasant interview. The first interview was with a recruiter. It took about a few weeks for all of the interviews to take place.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took around a month. Very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. Interviewed by two senior managers who were easy to talk to. They asked a few general behavioral questions.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's job search portal and received a phone interview. The interviewer was a little listless and the overall interview left me with a slightly negative impression.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

4 Interviews - 1 Partner, 2 Managers, 1 Senior Associate

30 minute interview per person - discussed about past experiences

We also discussed about the environment and number of staff currently working at BDO

Interview Questions

• Why BDO?

Experiences with Corporate Tax (Provision, consolidation...etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through college campus portal and was invited for on campus interviews with two partners from the audit practice. First interviewer was extremely unpleasant (threw his business card on the table for me) while the second was fantastic and personable. Overall, had a mixed opinion about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why and how did you choose the college you are attending at the moment?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick turnaround. Had a phone interview with a recruiter by the end of the call received an invitation to interview on site. The interview on site was strictly behavioral and was more like a conversation than an interview. I enjoyed the conversations I had with managing directors and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Why BDO? Why business restructuring?   2 Answers