BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.6

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

This company is the worst when it comes to the application process. The recruiter was rude, hostile and slow to respond. I have applied to the company for the leadership program and in later parts an internship and fulltime position. Each time the company schedules an interview but cancels last minute saying they will get back to me. Avoid this company like the plague.

Interview Questions

• What part of the newspaper do you read first? What does this tell about you?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Troy, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

There is a maximum of two interview. There is a phone interview and an office interview. The office interview will consist of two to three interviews. Management is looking for software experience and the ability to work with office systems.

Interview Questions

• What technical topic would you plan to improve for the coming year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a chump and accepted outright.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

My interview with this company was the worst interview experience I ever had. The interview style was more like an interrogation than an interview. The interviewers were very concerned about why I was interested in leaving my present employer and thus focused the entire interview on that topic. At no time was I ever encouraged to join this organization. In fact, one interviewer went as far to tell me that I should stay where I was and not to take the job for which I was applying! I called the next day to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join us when you work at company X? You should really stay there.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through college campus portal and was invited for on campus interviews with two partners from the audit practice. First interviewer was extremely unpleasant (threw his business card on the table for me) while the second was fantastic and personable. Overall, had a mixed opinion about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why and how did you choose the college you are attending at the moment?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

After the meet the firms event, where we met some of the associates and seniors, we were invited to an On-Campus Interview where we spoke to a Manager who ran through some basic interview questions and some discussion about what you expect from a company. After the on campus interviews, there was a group interview/ office tour. during the tour we spoke with 3 different managers and senior associates that had different questions for us and were open books to our questions. Next stage was a more focused interview where we spoke to some other members of the firm and went to a dinner. another dinner was offered to those who made the last stage and offer letters were sent out shortly after.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of different questions obviously. They ranged everywhere from "Why BDO?" to "what sort of family-work balance would you expect upon hire?" to "what are you favorite sort of hobbies or activities you like to do?"   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

I did not plan on interviewing with this accounting firm as my focus was on the big four. I walked to their stand at an accounting fair and started talking to a partner who told me about their services and why they would be a better fit for me as compared to the big 4. He then set up an interview with HR for me after chatting with him.

The next step was to interview with HR and this was relatively straightforward. It was the routine questions about yourself, your character, work ethic etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest qualities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was rather short as they had market surveys from some professional firm that had ranges. I had also performed my research and when the offer came in i knew it was within the range i was looking for.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight-forward and standard. Interviewers included Manager, Senior Manager and Partner who asked a mix of qualitative and technical questions. The interviewers were extremely friendly at all times and also shared detailed insights when asked questions. The interviews were brief and scheduled in quick succession. The final decision was also made and communicated to me promptly.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why Assurance?
      2) Tell me something about yourself.
      3) Audit procedures for certain balance sheet items.
      4) As an auditor how would you analyse.......?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. There is very little room for negotiation. Sign on Bonus can be negotiated to some extent.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I applied through a campus career office and got scheduled an interview. The night before the interview there was a dinner that BDO took all the scheduled interviewees to. The setting was relaxed and there was no push to really socialize, really just an event to make us relax and meet the 1 or 2 associates that are at your table. Standard campus interview of 30 min, the first question threw me off and got me nervous, effected the rest of my interview negatively. Its been over a week but no reply as to whats happening with my recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• started with "tell me more about yourself" then straight onto "how many pc's are there in the US"   Answer Question

BDO USA Response

Nov 11, 2014 – CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

We would like to see you receive a more timely reaction to your interview and I have to agree the PC trivia question is a surprising one and not so helpful in determining the best candidates to join... More

Pathway to Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On campus one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the professionals you met in the Networking events remember you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

the process was pretty straight forward and I was impressed with the way that they handled the entire process. I would recommended just being honest and straight forward with the interviewer and you will be just fine. All of the steps to the interview were straight forward and asked pretty direct questions. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none