BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Interview

Most of the interview consisted of personal questions and experience during internships and such. Pretty easy interview. For most people, this is the first job out of college so they can not exactly be too tough.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO USA (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview is easy. I talked one audit manager, one director and office managing partner. People seems really nice and paid attention to what I was saying and took notes. In the end, office managing partner show me around in the office and say hi to a couple of people.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and through their online application. Within about a week after applying I was granted an on campus interview, which was 30 minutes. The on campus interview was with a partner. Most of the questions asked were regarding my resume and accomplishments. I was also asked about my grades in my accounting classes. About a week or to later I was granted an office interview. The interview was a couple of beginning with lunch, then an office tour, then a panel where current employees talked about their experiences and candidates asked questions, then finally two separate interviews lasting about 30 minutes each. These interviews were with partners and managers. My interviews didn't feel like interviews at all. They were more like conversations. These interviews are to make sure that you're a good fit for the firm and that the firm is a good fit for you. Nothing scary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume and accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my experience with difficult clients and also customer service.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening to start the process. After the phone interview, I was invited into the office to speak with two managers. Both managers were very easy to speak to and just wanted to find out about your background and skills. Interviews were conversational and pleasant. About a week and a half later, I received a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what did you do at your prior jobs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Two interviews: one in office. I had the first interview on campus. The in office one you can interview with up to 3 people. You can interview with a Manager, Senior. The interview was very comfortable.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

4 Interviews - 1 Partner, 2 Managers, 1 Senior Associate

30 minute interview per person - discussed about past experiences

We also discussed about the environment and number of staff currently working at BDO

Interview Questions

• Why BDO?

Experiences with Corporate Tax (Provision, consolidation...etc)   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BDO USA (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviews with local partners and then senior regional partner if available. Everyone appeared very unprepared with one interviewer appearing to almost fall asleep. Turns out the poor interview process should have been a red flag not to accept the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really relevant therefore underlining that the interviewers were not skilled or experienced   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Resume review (submitted online) and then a short on campus interview with someone who worked in a local office. Basic questions including strengths and weaknesses, behavioral questions and where you see yourself in your career next year, in 5 years, etc. Very casual and the woman who interviewed me was pleasant to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of your favorite accounting classes?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem while working with a group of people.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's job search portal and received a phone interview. The interviewer was a little listless and the overall interview left me with a slightly negative impression.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was three interviews with different people. Very easy to talk to all of them which led to a very pleasant interview. The first interview was with a recruiter. It took about a few weeks for all of the interviews to take place.