BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.6

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email saying I was selected for an interview in two weeks. No phone calls. I was sent another email with details needed four days before interview. I had to book a flight and hotel for this interview so I found it weird that I wouldn't at least get a phone call or some personable contact. Everything felt a little unprofessional. After the group lunch, I did very well on the three conversational interviews. They said we would know the outcome in two weeks, that didnt happen. A few weeks later after playing phone tag with a partner who didnt interview me said that the job was competitive and because I hadn't done a public accounting internship I wasn't what they were looking for, but he would see if another location would take me. I felt insulted and strung along. I wonder why they made me travel so far if they could easily see on my resume I didn't have the experience they were looking for and no matter how well I interviewed I wasnt getting an offer.
     Overall, very unprofessional and I'm glad I don't work there, just sorry I traveled for it.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and through their online application. Within about a week after applying I was granted an on campus interview, which was 30 minutes. The on campus interview was with a partner. Most of the questions asked were regarding my resume and accomplishments. I was also asked about my grades in my accounting classes. About a week or to later I was granted an office interview. The interview was a couple of beginning with lunch, then an office tour, then a panel where current employees talked about their experiences and candidates asked questions, then finally two separate interviews lasting about 30 minutes each. These interviews were with partners and managers. My interviews didn't feel like interviews at all. They were more like conversations. These interviews are to make sure that you're a good fit for the firm and that the firm is a good fit for you. Nothing scary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume and accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my experience with difficult clients and also customer service.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Dinner the night before on campus interview. Found out about second round, inhouse interview within a week. Everyone was friendly, more laid back and conversational. Some miscommunication but it was handled well.

Interview Questions

LA office doesn't feel inviting since its older without any open concept floor plan. Also got a better offer somewhere else

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Made an Online application at their web page, soon got a call for the First Round which was Telephonic interview, followed by second round 1:1 with the Line of Service manager and Partner which was more technical and competence based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

the whole process was extremely easy. no behavioral questions. was more like a chat. The whole process was very speedy. They also took us out for lunch. I would say this is the best inverview experience I have ever had. Would highly recommend any college graduate to apply for it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through the University career website and was invited to an on-campus interview. After, received an invite to an in-office interview. Met with three employees for the in-office interview. One of the Managers did not seem like they wanted to be there. I got a good feel from the culture. Everything was very conversational, no behavioral questions. It look a long time to hear back from the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There was nothing too unexpected. Most of the interview was somewhat more conversational than a question and answer type of interview. Within two weeks (about a week an a half), was invited to a second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

In the Philadelphia office, the whole process took about a month. First round interviews were on campus. Second round was in office. They connected us within two weeks of our offers. Behavioral questions, very relaxed, regular interviews. There was a panel so you could ask different ranks of employees questions. They took us all out to lunch afterward. Great people, nice office.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Was invited to interview after meeting firm at a presentation with Beta Alpha Psi. Single day process, went out for lunch, then had three consecutive interviews, manager, senior manager, then partner.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Strength?
      Biggest Weakness?
      Name a stressful situation and how you overcame?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need for negotiation, very competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview was excellent. Two or more rounds of assessing soft skills and technical knowledge. The team was very open to new recruits and made the interview process seamless and less anxious.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your Journey?   1 Answer