BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

There were twenty other candidates. The company was introduced, there was a panel for question, I interviewed with three managers, and had lunch with some associates. The interview was not laid back.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2016.

Interview

Very laid back, they had some casual greeters there to lighten the mood and get rid of pre-interview jitters. Once the interview started, the recruiter spent a few minutes to get to know me and about what I did outside of school as well as other small talk topics. The interview questions themselves were pretty basic- no curve balls there. Next came an on-site interview with 20 other intern candidates for both summer/winter and both audit/tax. We were interviewed individually by three managers, taken to lunch, then were presented with a panel. Overall, not an intense interview, the company was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when you struggled to meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was selected for an on-campus interview. The first round interview was with a partner who was very friendly and laid back. There weren't any real questions other than "tell me about yourself," and it was mostly conversational.
    I was invited to a second round interview at the office. It consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and a partner. These interviews had a more formal feel to them, but still weren't too serious. Mostly about finding candidates who are a good fit for the company. Probably the most friendly, genuinely nice people I've interviewed with, and they were fun to talk to.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email from HR to schedule a time to do a phone interview. It took 15 minutes. Easy question, what is your major strength? What is your weakness? Tell me about your background. Describe a time you have hard to face in group. What do you know about the company? Then, I got the chance to schedule second interview in main office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was basically conversations. The interviewer does not ask many behavior questions, which actually surprised me because I found many questions being asked online. The interviewer was actually really confused why I was so nervous.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Everyone was really nice and friendly and just seemed to want to get to know you as opposed to just a bunch of behavioral or technical questions. Being yourself and having prepared interview answers that you know helps a lot. Also, try and find something in common between you and your interviewer or an interesting fact that you can tell them so they remember you.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2016.

Interview

For students to even get an interview, they must attend networking events throughout the recruiting season. This will increase the chance to get an interview. First round of interviews is at your school. One on one, mostly behavioral questions. Second round is at the office and consist of 4 separate interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• What makes you best candidate for this position? Why accounting? Who have you met here that the office? Why BDO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied the Job online (Indeed), and received a request for a phone interview after about two weeks later. The interview is given by by HR In BDO. All questions are all behavior questions. If you prepared the questions well, you will find them very easy. The whole interview lasts about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I did not get the offer. I think it is because may background does not match.

Interview Questions

• Tell more about your back ground. Describe an experience that you do not do well. what is your weakness/strength? HR: Do you have any questions to ask me?   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career center. I Interviewed on campus and a couple of days later I was informed that I was invited to their office interview. A month later I interviewed at their office in Manhattan with a partner and a senior manager. i was asked pretty basic questions, the partner was more easy going, he wanted to see my soft skills more than anything. On the other hand the manager asked me some audit questions which through me off a bit but I managed to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why audit? Why BDO? Tell me the goal of an audit? What are internal controls?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was selected for an on-campus interview. Most of the interview was more conversational than a question and answer type of interview; there are no technical questions. The interviewer is really friendly and nice, trying to know more about you and your background.