BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was selected for an on-campus interview. First, the interviewer briefly introduced her background and told some background information about the company. Most of the interview is really conversational and did not ask any technical questions. During the interview, the interviewer is very friendly and nice.

Consulting Valuation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Find the job through my university's career website and applied through the website. About 3 weeks later, I received a phone call from HR to schedule for an on campus interview. It was an hour interview: 30 minutes - behavioral questions and other half - resume review and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to compute the cost of equity and the cost of debt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview with one of the audit seniors for 20 mins. The audit senior asked few questions related to my personal interests instead of my past work experiences. Felt like they want to learn what you would do outside of work just like your college application essay.

BDO Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

-Applied through university
    -Received on campus interview
    As a whole, the two interviewers seemed very unorganized. 4 people who were interviewed on this day felt the same way, nonetheless I wanted to pursue since I love BDO's motto/mission.

***mentioned an in-person office interview being next week and that I'll receive more information but never received any followup and my thank you/follow up post-thank you emails were ignored***

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with four professionals during the second-round interview. The questions are behavioral questions with a focus on your interests other than school life. Make sure to do some homework about the company and have an answer for "Why BDO".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The senior managers want to see if you fit in the firm well. The office interview is 3 interviews and then a lunch with senior associates, managers, senior managers, and partners.

Interview Questions

Had another offer somewhere else

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

After the meet the firms event, where we met some of the associates and seniors, we were invited to an On-Campus Interview where we spoke to a Manager who ran through some basic interview questions and some discussion about what you expect from a company. After the on campus interviews, there was a group interview/ office tour. during the tour we spoke with 3 different managers and senior associates that had different questions for us and were open books to our questions. Next stage was a more focused interview where we spoke to some other members of the firm and went to a dinner. another dinner was offered to those who made the last stage and offer letters were sent out shortly after.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of different questions obviously. They ranged everywhere from "Why BDO?" to "what sort of family-work balance would you expect upon hire?" to "what are you favorite sort of hobbies or activities you like to do?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Solon, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. My first round interview was at the college career center where I met an HR related person who just asked me simple behavioral questions on why I chose BDO. It was very general and pleasant. Was asked back for a second round interview at their offices via a phone call about a couple weeks later and it was with 3 interviewers one after another with around 15 other students from other universities. Interviewers were very pleasant and generally asked behavioral questions tailored from your resume. Struck up good conversation with all three while answering the questions and the 30 minutes basically flew by. I received a phone call confirming if I wanted to join their company as an intern about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the intern pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple conversation
    Nothing much around 30 minutes, asking questions instead of answering.
    Not a traditional behavior interview you would expect, more of a relaxed conversation.
    No hard questions, but you need to prepare for it.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Leadership Conference first, which I was accepted to and attended in the summer. No offer from conference, but told to come to recruiting in the fall. The following fall I applied through the university and got on campus interview. Interview was all behavioral and very casual. The interviewer truly wanted to get to know me and hear about parts of my resume that interested them. 30 minute interview went smooth, but never heard back. Followed up with interviewer and recruiter, but never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• With many options in public accounting, why did you choose BDO?   1 Answer