BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Edina, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

It seemed a little disorganized. I was supposed to speak with one individual, and at the last moment, it was switched to another. No major concern. I would have liked to speak with a direct superior and subordinate during the interview process.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It was very conversational and they did most of the talking. They called the same day to extend the offer. I received a call from the recruiter and they gave me the follow up face to face interview during the phone call.

Forensic Technology Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews and an hour and a half in-person interview with 3 people interviewing me. My interviews got rescheduled 3 times, which put a sour taste in my mouth. Everyone I interacted with was nice but only one out of the five people had technical experience in digital forensics. I didn't understand why the other people who didn't have technical experience in digital forensics were interviewing me, why there were a total of 5 interviews for an internship position, and why I needed to travel a few hours to NYC for an internship interview. Two of the interviewers seemed oblivious that I had missed class and bought a train ticket to NYC just for the interview, "Oh you're in NYC for the day?". The process would have been much better with two phone interviews: one with the initial recruiter and then one with someone in the digital forensics department to ask the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with ___ tool? How would you do the forensic analysis of a computer?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Standard phone interview, asked questions about resume, strength and weakness, why was I more qualified than other applicants. Heard about 3 weeks later that they were not moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume, strength and weakness, describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

My interview experience with BDO was absolutely fantastic. Everybody is so nice!!! The interview is more conversational, no technical or behavioral question at all. They are just trying to get to know you more.

Interview Questions

• Why public accounting? Why BDO? Tell me a little more about yourself. They would just ask questions as you go, really casual questions. It doesn't feel like a strictly formal interview at all. The atmosphere is great and I enjoyed it a lot!!! Sometimes I think the interviewer talked more than I do, which is really informative and interesting. Be confident and just be yourself!!!   Answer Question

Core Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Office visit was really simple. Took me out to lunch, interview, and a small gift. Interview was very straightforward as they just wanted to get to know me. No technical questions. Had interview with two managers where one asked me to walk me through my resume and other talked about my interests. Everyone was super nice including the recruiter and the two managers as they were very interesting in knowing what I am like as a person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate--the offer was very generous.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New Orleans, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

Step 1 Submitted Resume
    Step 2 Phone Interview
    More about getting to know you as a person and your goals
    Talked about what we wanted out of the internship and they wanted out of us
    Step 3 In-Person Interview
    Panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What some words to describe you
      Why HR
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Great Interview process. Interviewed with 2 managers and 1 partners and its was more of a conversation than a Q&A. All provided a very accurate description on what life is like as a BDO employee

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience   1 Answer

International Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. The recruiter followed up. However, there is one recruiter for all of ITS so you may have to do alot of follow-up yourself. After initial phone screening, set up one round of phone interviews with senior managers/managers. Second round was in person with Partners/Directors. Interviewed with about 8 people total

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I talked with a representative in the career fair and was invited for an campus interview. All the people working there are very honest and nice. It takes two months for me to finally get a rejection letter through email.
    I figured out that the tax team in Miami is much smaller than the audit team in Miami. So the chance for me to be considered is very low.