BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I talked with a representative in the career fair and was invited for an campus interview. All the people working there are very honest and nice. It takes two months for me to finally get a rejection letter through email.
    I figured out that the tax team in Miami is much smaller than the audit team in Miami. So the chance for me to be considered is very low.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First email, then phone x2, then in person x3, then a final phone. Overall fairly easy, and only took 2-3 weeks from the time of application. Prepare, but don't overprepare.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Took about two months after the initial interview for an offer. The interview process was what you would expect. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. It was more of just a conversation instead of an interview.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I didn't interview. Hiring process is pretty standard. Recruiting efforts are average and aren't planned very well. Usually last minute interviews are scheduled and lose out on top talent. Don't have a presence at all colleges.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone inerview and then back to back office interview. Very casual. Positive experience. They didn't ask me a lot of questions just go over my resume, asked for my previous experience and course works.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial Interview was highly conversational. Person wanted to get to know me. Then went for office visit. Three 30 minute interviews back to back with partners and managers. Also lunch with current associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about why how you got to this point in time in regards to your resume?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later asking if I'd be available to do a phone interview. The phone interview seemed as if it was to just verify that I actually wanted the position and to see if I knew what I applied for. The next morning I get an email asking if I was available that Thursday or Friday for an in office interview. It was fairly simple, I had two separate interviews. Since the internship is got busy season, they really wanted to know if I was willing to put in the work. They then asked a few questions relating to past experience. After all that, they both told me about the firm. One talked about things going on recently and the other about what they offer their associates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Core Tax Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in November 2015.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting and had a second round interview at the office. Professional, yet casual atmosphere that eased me throughout the interview process. Typical BIG4 interview questions but BDO seems more casual, laid-culture than other firms.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No nego.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview (15 mins) with the recruiter from another office before being referred to meeting with members of the management team at the local office. There, I met with one senior manager and one partner. Would have typically met with the managing assurance partner, but he was unavailable. A discussion of previous work experience was the bulk of the interview, followed by the interviewer discussing the office, it's clients, and other general information. Relatively low-intensity. Both interviewers were extremely energetic and seemed very pleased with their job.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

In-person interview with 3 people to discuss resume and potential role in the company. There was a debate as to whether I would be an intern, a paraprofessional, or a accounting associate, since I intended to take classes in the evening. It was decided I could work as a paraprofessional until I completed my classes, at which point I would become an "experienced associate" (one step from associate). The interview was conducted in the fall, but since they were hiring me in anticipation of the spring busy season I did not start until the beginning of January.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to talk about your resume?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly flexible. They were very accommodating to my request to leave early once a week for classes.