BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Leadership Conference first, which I was accepted to and attended in the summer. No offer from conference, but told to come to recruiting in the fall. The following fall I applied through the university and got on campus interview. Interview was all behavioral and very casual. The interviewer truly wanted to get to know me and hear about parts of my resume that interested them. 30 minute interview went smooth, but never heard back. Followed up with interviewer and recruiter, but never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• With many options in public accounting, why did you choose BDO?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first round interview on campus then invited to an in house interviews. Mostly behavioral. no brain teasing questions were asked. Interviewed with manager level employees. Interview process took over two months but the HR did a great job following up with the status so I wasn't worried.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, one on-campus and one in the New York Office. The on-campus interview was conversational, based mostly on questions that I had about the firm and the interviewer. The interviewer didn't ask any behavioral questions or questions about my experience. My advice would be to prepare a list of your own questions to keep the interview going as long as time allows.

The office interview was with a partner and a manager. Both were laid back and conversational as well. It was mostly based on my experience and why I wanted to join.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started by having a phone interview, pretty standard interview questions for an accounting firm. Then, had my second and last interview in their office. During the office visit, I had three different interviewers. It was more conversational and testing to see if you would fit in their office environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Gave me an offer and made my decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview first, in which I met with only one person. He basically just asked me to elaborate on my resume. Then, I was invited to an office visit, in which I interviewed with 3 separate people.

Interview Questions

• How have your extracurricular activities made you a better candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews. One was at the office and a tour and lunch was provided. The second involved two 30 minute interviews kind of like speed dating. Received the offer in less than a week after the first interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Great communication. They showed genuine interest in learning about candidate. Very upfront about what you should expect in all areas. I was very impressed by the overall process. I would recommend this firm, and anyone who I communicated with.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

They call you first, then a phone interview. I personally had to wait 45 minutes to realize the recruiter wasn't going to call me. I then called her and she said she had to make it short because she was running late. I have no experience with the firm, but I figure it says a lot about how the firm treats their employees.

Interview Questions

• Have you completed your 225 units?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Very friendly and welcoming. Informal questioning. They ask what type of situation you have been in and what you did. Basically it was behavior questions and to get a feel of how you would fit with the company. Interviewed with two different people at two different times but back to back. East going.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight-forward and standard. Interviewers included Manager, Senior Manager and Partner who asked a mix of qualitative and technical questions. The interviewers were extremely friendly at all times and also shared detailed insights when asked questions. The interviews were brief and scheduled in quick succession. The final decision was also made and communicated to me promptly.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why Assurance?
      2) Tell me something about yourself.
      3) Audit procedures for certain balance sheet items.
      4) As an auditor how would you analyse.......?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. There is very little room for negotiation. Sign on Bonus can be negotiated to some extent.