BDO USA Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.9

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was basically conversations. The interviewer does not ask many behavior questions, which actually surprised me because I found many questions being asked online. The interviewer was actually really confused why I was so nervous.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Everyone was really nice and friendly and just seemed to want to get to know you as opposed to just a bunch of behavioral or technical questions. Being yourself and having prepared interview answers that you know helps a lot. Also, try and find something in common between you and your interviewer or an interesting fact that you can tell them so they remember you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first round interview on campus then invited to an in house interviews. Mostly behavioral. no brain teasing questions were asked. Interviewed with manager level employees. Interview process took over two months but the HR did a great job following up with the status so I wasn't worried.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiting. applied through University's career source, and the interview took place on campus. I am currently waiting for 2nd round interview offer. The interviewer is a tax director, and he is fun to talk with. Nothing hard questions, it was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose tax over audit or advisory?   1 Answer

Consulting Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from recruiter within a week. Scheduled an interview with Director and Sr. Manager after about a month. Was called in for an interview with Managing Director 2 weeks after that.
    Overall very straight forward. Very nice and very sharp people, they seemed happy to be there. Seemed like I could learn a lot from them.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience and general resume. Asked regarding specialization in previous job. Strengths/weaknesses. Ability to work with others and on my own without direction. General questions that would be expected in an interview. Some specific questions on excel skills as this job is excel heavy.   Answer Question

Pathway to Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On campus one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the professionals you met in the Networking events remember you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus. It was pretty standard, behavioral questions, why BDO, etc. Scheduled a second round in house interview a couple weeks later. Met with five partners for about 30 minutes each. Again, the questions were mainly behavioral. Went to dinner with a group of associates afterward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent time when you learned and/or quick something new up quickly   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (Fullerton, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions

• One technical question, fairly easy, simple journal entries. Rest were personality/behavioral questions for different situations.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. I was then chosen for an on-site interview. I had to interview with five different people for thirty minutes each. All interviewers were top management, plus two partners.

When I got to the office, we were told dinner was cancelled because the staff was trying to meet a deadline.

You get really hungry after interviewing with five people.

From there I had to wait around three weeks before I got a decision.

Interview Questions

• What type of training did you have at your last internship; did your learning style fit with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Recruit on campus or through networking. Interview is 4 30 minute interviews, with partners and managers. They take you to dinner after. Very approachable.