BDO USA Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The application process sucks. BDO hr found me via Linkedin and I was interested in an open position in New York. Then hr gave me NY hr's contact info. I scheduled a phone interview with NY hr. He did not call me on time and the phone call is very casual. I told him my background and he showed interest. But they are not interested in hiring people who need h1b transfer.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick turnaround. Had a phone interview with a recruiter by the end of the call received an invitation to interview on site. The interview on site was strictly behavioral and was more like a conversation than an interview. I enjoyed the conversations I had with managing directors and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Why BDO? Why business restructuring?   2 Answers

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and through their online application. Within about a week after applying I was granted an on campus interview, which was 30 minutes. The on campus interview was with a partner. Most of the questions asked were regarding my resume and accomplishments. I was also asked about my grades in my accounting classes. About a week or to later I was granted an office interview. The interview was a couple of beginning with lunch, then an office tour, then a panel where current employees talked about their experiences and candidates asked questions, then finally two separate interviews lasting about 30 minutes each. These interviews were with partners and managers. My interviews didn't feel like interviews at all. They were more like conversations. These interviews are to make sure that you're a good fit for the firm and that the firm is a good fit for you. Nothing scary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume and accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my experience with difficult clients and also customer service.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

the whole process was extremely easy. no behavioral questions. was more like a chat. The whole process was very speedy. They also took us out for lunch. I would say this is the best inverview experience I have ever had. Would highly recommend any college graduate to apply for it.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There was nothing too unexpected. Most of the interview was somewhat more conversational than a question and answer type of interview. Within two weeks (about a week an a half), was invited to a second round interview.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career center. I Interviewed on campus and a couple of days later I was informed that I was invited to their office interview. A month later I interviewed at their office in Manhattan with a partner and a senior manager. i was asked pretty basic questions, the partner was more easy going, he wanted to see my soft skills more than anything. On the other hand the manager asked me some audit questions which through me off a bit but I managed to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why audit? Why BDO? Tell me the goal of an audit? What are internal controls?   Answer Question

BDO Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

-Applied through university
    -Received on campus interview
    As a whole, the two interviewers seemed very unorganized. 4 people who were interviewed on this day felt the same way, nonetheless I wanted to pursue since I love BDO's motto/mission.

***mentioned an in-person office interview being next week and that I'll receive more information but never received any followup and my thank you/follow up post-thank you emails were ignored***

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, one on-campus and one in the New York Office. The on-campus interview was conversational, based mostly on questions that I had about the firm and the interviewer. The interviewer didn't ask any behavioral questions or questions about my experience. My advice would be to prepare a list of your own questions to keep the interview going as long as time allows.

The office interview was with a partner and a manager. Both were laid back and conversational as well. It was mostly based on my experience and why I wanted to join.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through college job website, did one phone interview. Was a very relaxed interview, no technical questions mostly behavioral. I was interviewed by two associates and a manager for a little over an hour

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone inerview and then back to back office interview. Very casual. Positive experience. They didn't ask me a lot of questions just go over my resume, asked for my previous experience and course works.