BDO USA Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

4 Interviews - 1 Partner, 2 Managers, 1 Senior Associate

30 minute interview per person - discussed about past experiences

We also discussed about the environment and number of staff currently working at BDO

Interview Questions

• Why BDO?

Experiences with Corporate Tax (Provision, consolidation...etc)
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There was nothing too unexpected. Most of the interview was somewhat more conversational than a question and answer type of interview. Within two weeks (about a week an a half), was invited to a second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

In the Philadelphia office, the whole process took about a month. First round interviews were on campus. Second round was in office. They connected us within two weeks of our offers. Behavioral questions, very relaxed, regular interviews. There was a panel so you could ask different ranks of employees questions. They took us all out to lunch afterward. Great people, nice office.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Everyone was really nice and friendly and just seemed to want to get to know you as opposed to just a bunch of behavioral or technical questions. Being yourself and having prepared interview answers that you know helps a lot. Also, try and find something in common between you and your interviewer or an interesting fact that you can tell them so they remember you.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was selected for an on-campus interview. Most of the interview was more conversational than a question and answer type of interview; there are no technical questions. The interviewer is really friendly and nice, trying to know more about you and your background.

Application

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was selected for an on-campus interview. First, the interviewer briefly introduced her background and told some background information about the company. Most of the interview is really conversational and did not ask any technical questions. During the interview, the interviewer is very friendly and nice.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

They call you first, then a phone interview. I personally had to wait 45 minutes to realize the recruiter wasn't going to call me. I then called her and she said she had to make it short because she was running late. I have no experience with the firm, but I figure it says a lot about how the firm treats their employees.

Interview Questions

• Have you completed your 225 units?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Memphis, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, and conversational. There was nothing pertaining to my resume as they knew I was qualified. It was with a partner and a Senior Tax Director. They were only trying to fill me out and understand me as a person.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and spoke with recruiter. Was invited to in-person interview, where I spoke with 3 managers. Talked about education and experience. Also, why BDO and why tax. Several interviewers spoke about why I should choose BDO and what the position entailed for me.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I talked with a representative in the career fair and was invited for an campus interview. All the people working there are very honest and nice. It takes two months for me to finally get a rejection letter through email.
    I figured out that the tax team in Miami is much smaller than the audit team in Miami. So the chance for me to be considered is very low.