BDO USA Tax Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Tax Senior Associate Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BDO USA in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their employee referral process. Approximately a week later I was contacted by a recruiter for a short interview. The next step would be an office visit with senior managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes (although the recruiter was late calling). She asked about 7-8 questions. I found it strange that she directly requested not to ask her questions during the interview. I was hoping to have a conversational style interview. Oh well...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a BDO recruiter via LinkedIn. There were a couple of telephone conversations to see if they wanted to continue moving forward in the process. This eventually led to a little "meet and greet" telephone conversation with one of the directors, who told me all about the company. Eventually this led to an in-person interview with the 2 directors. Most questions were very general. They were basically just trying to see if they could work with me 60+ hours per week. We also discussed transitioning from a small firm to a big firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Where have you worked previously? What types of work have you done, etc.?   Answer Question

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BDO USA (McLean, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted directly through LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position in their Int'l Tax department. Phone interview with recruiter and in-person interview with the Senior Manager & Partner

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions, mostly trying to see if we could work with each other 60+ hours a week.   Answer Question

BDO insisted they had workplace flexibility, "We're not like other Big 4" type - when it came down to it, it was mandatory 60+ hour workweeks, Saturday & Sunday, etc. Thankfully the manager was honest and told me this during the interview. I think long hours are expected in public accounting but the firm made themselves out to be something they weren't, all the way through until the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly, sounded very interested and showed a lot of consideration. She responded to emails and calls very promptly. Questions were basically walk through of job experiences & education. Why moving to this location ? have you ever visited this place? She said will get back to me after meeting with partner, later said they decided to pursue an internal candidate

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

There was a phone interview to screen applicants. Then, there was an office interview in which i met with partners, senior managers, and other senior associates. It took about 5 hours. There was no lunch.