BDS Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.2

Assisted Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BDS Marketing (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview. I applied through a job board, and had a phone interview the next day. Three days later, I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. The questions are not difficult if you have sales experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell something if the customer is unable to demo the product?   1 Answer

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDS Marketing (Spokane, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, who was very nice and down to earth, then another phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. Gave a 60 second sales pitch to the hiring manager, which I was told was good because I did my research.

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDS Marketing (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had phone interviews with the recruiter (who was very nice) and afterwards was asked to submit an intro/sales pitch video to the regional manager. I had a phone interview with the regional manager in which I was expressed that I had done a great job with the video and I was a great fit for what they were looking for in this position. After the weekend, I emailed to followup with the manager and thank for the opportunity. Later that week, I emailed the recruiter to inquire about next steps and status. No response for over 3 weeks. It is a shame that as a candidate you invest several hours of your time in interviews, correspondence, and a video submission and there isn't the decency to even send a turn down email. Standard interview process spoiled by a lack of business etiquette. If this is the way this company treats potential hires, then it is not a company I want to be part of. Keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to apply/interview.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had selling technology?   1 Answer

Assisted Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDS Marketing (Cerritos, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They mostly asked about seller to customer conduct and selling strategies. Straight forward and fast interview process. There are two interviews and it seems like they decided to hire you if you get the second interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDS Marketing (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiting process was fine, the recruiter that reached out to me was fantastic, was great to talk to, gave me tons of advice and suggestions, and responded to emails.

The interview itself would have been fine and not a negative experience, but the interviewer was reviewing the information of someone else the whole time, introduced me by the wrong name to another team member despite me giving them my resume and introducing myself.

Then the follow up was just as confusing, recruiter contacted me to tell me I was no longer in the running for the position, but the interviewer replied to my thank you email saying there was slow-down in interviews and hadn't made a decision yet. So lack of communication on all fronts. Regardless of the truth I wouldn't continue with them.

Not a terrible experience, but definitely needs some tightening up by the department. Experiences like this can drive away great talent.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about a manager or owner drinking during a staff BBQ at the office?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDS Marketing (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called first and asked questions. Then did a phone interview with the Team manager. Offered the job on the spot and was then given information regarding HR paperwork, drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BDS Marketing in October 2016.

Interview

Two step phone interview process, both really informal and laid back. I submitted an application and got a call from their recruiter about a week later. She asked the basic questions and gave me details in the hours and days for the position. At the end, she said she would put me through to the next phase of the process and scheduled me for another phone interview with the hiring manager for the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't bother to try to negotiate. The offer was fair for a part time seasonal position.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Had three interviews, went extremely well. I knew the last interview was with a person with less experience than I but the person had a big title. Having been in the industry for awhile I realized the background of the last person that interviewed. Nonetheless, extremely unprofessional impression from last person. Company did not even respond to say no you did not get the job, we are moving with another candidate etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, about experience and what I can bring to table etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BDS Marketing.

Interview

Done completely over the phone. Took about 40 minutes. Gentleman I spoke with was very nice and the conversation was very laid back between questions that you may ask and that he asked.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked sales questions "whats your key to selling" "when were you faced with a challenging sale" stuff like that.   Answer Question

Canon Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BDS Marketing in March 2016.

Interview

First a phone call with a recruiter, then a Skype interview with a second recruiter. The interview was casual. These interviews are focused on making sure the candidate knows about canon products.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite lens?
      If you could have any Canon camera what would it be?   Answer Question