BE Aerospace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BE Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a B/E talent agent after submitting a resume, and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was professional and friendly. We discussed my qualifications and the reason I was looking to leave my current position. I was told that my resume would be presented to the hiring manager at the branch where an in person interview could be set up.
    The talent agent contacted me back the day after my resume was to be presented, and informed me that the hiring team decided to go with other candidates. Even though I wasn't selected to go further in the hiring process, I greatly appreciated the contact back to let me know. The response I received was polite and considerate. I will continue to look for positions with BE Aerospace that may more closely meet my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to work with B/E?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Anaheim, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called to setup interview. Asked for salary requirements; started to low ball from the beginning. Phone interview happened and hiring manager thought I was a different type of engineer. Did not even have my resume in front of him while we talked. Asked very few questions and said he would straighten things out with his recruitung staff.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Everett, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

After phone interview with HR and then phone interview with hiring manager, brought me in for in person interview with hiring manager, his underlings and his boss. Received a tour of the factory. Make sure to ask intelligent questions during this process and seem interested in what they are actually doing.

Interview Questions

• Not many specific or technical questions. One was "if there are three identical human operated machines in the assembly line and one machine is producing at 20% that of the other two, what do you do?"   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenwick, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Fenwick, WV) in March 2016.

Interview

I made the previous post & it was supposed to say that "I received*** a phone call from the HR Manager" not "recorded". The rest of my review was not added so here is why I rated it a neutral experience although the HR Manger & people were very pleasant:
    After my on-site interview I was told that everything went excellent & that all I needed to do was to fill out a paper application (I filled out the same application online already) & to speak to the General Manager since he wasn't onsite the day that I was. He emphasized the fact that I needed to put my desired salary on the form (had already put this on the online app & discussed it with the talent recruiter). I sent my application through email & then received a call from the HR Manager requesting my current salary info since I didn't provide it on the application. I was then denied an offer because I could not provide my current salary due to an agreement I signed with my current employer. I offered to give a salary range (my HR department said that this was ok) for the position at my current employer & still, this was not acceptable. In my opinion, any capable company should posses the competence to place a value on a candidate without prior or current salary compensation; and to say it is a requirement seems fishy to me. I am willing to bet that it's a preference. If it is a requirement to have current salary information, then why did your talent recruiter waste your & my time by passing along my resume even after she learned that I could not disclose my salary information from the beginning? Should he/she not know of such requirements being a recruiter? So, if you are someone who is bound by an agreement to disclose your salary info, or if you just don't want to give it to them (because it's ultimately not their business), then do not apply here. It's a waste of time. Furthermore, if I wasn't in an agreement with my current employer, I still would not give them my salary info after he said on the phone "Well, we need your current salary so we know where to place you" (talking about salary there) That is crappy! Do not compare apples & oranges. My current salary is irrelevant. It is a bummer for me because I enjoyed the interview & the team that they had there, but even more a bummer for them because they really missed out on what would have been a tremendous asset to the company!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then scheduled an in person interview. Pleasant, informative and interactive meeting. Did not get a tour of the plant. I don't particularly like a 50 word minimum requirement to allow access to this application.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace in December 2014.

Interview

The application was online and asking general requirement questions. I was contacted a few weeks after submitting the application to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is a big challenge you have overcome in the past?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university job fair and had a good experience with him. Kept in contact via email and he helped me find the appropriate positions to apply to online. My first interview was over the phone with HR and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I made it to the next round and then spoke with the initial recruiter and another engineering manager over the phone, and phone interviews are hard enough 1 on 1 but it was 3 people all in separate areas calling into a conference. I heard back a few weeks later to find out that they were only accepting two people but I was the third. I wasn't too upset because they said their workplace did not have very many females at all and as a woman engineer I'd like to work in a gender balanced workplace.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BE Aerospace in August 2014.

Interview

Initial meet and greet. Called in for a pannel interview that consist of 5 segments. Technical, cultural, leadership, tour, lunch. Everyone was really polite and the experience was great. I was nervous going in but as soon as it began, i felt better. They ask you questions to recall situations in the past to demonstrate these skills so be ready.

Sales Associate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BE Aerospace in July 2014.

Interview

First did a phone interview. Within an hour had in person interview scheduled. When asked when I wanted the interview I gave them a time but the recruiter who is based in Florida and I in Kansas scheduled it for his time so then I had to move the time up an hour. The interview consisted of me meeting with a manager and hr rep on the phone (in Florida). During the interview I was not asked the normal questions like my strengths, weakness or situational. I felt that bc my current job has me pretty working alone and not taking direct directives that it hurt bc the job I was interviewing for would have me being told what to do. I even told them that I could do that. Also when asked what my career goals were they were surprised I actually had a plan (just have to get my foot in the door to get there). I asked at the end when there might be a decision and was told within 2 weeks (there was a holiday the following week). I was contacted 3 days later for a second interview. The 2nd interview was with the manager from 1st interview, manager from warehouse and program manager (on the phone from Tulsa). Again not asked normal questions. They are big on knowing excel using v look up and pivot table which I know some but not advanced. Was told a decision would be made by the next Tuesday. That Tuesday came and did not hear anything. I called and found out she was not there (was still gone for the holiday) so I left a voicemail and did not hear back. Emailed the recruiter and was told he would get back with me the next day. Did not hear back so I emailed him back and for a response that he was out of the office for a week. By this point I'm upset that I'm getting the run around and no one seemed to know they would be off work for a few days. I called the manager again and finally spoke with her and was told that they chose someone else but they would have another position open and I should reapply for it.

Interview Questions

• There was not any difficult questions but it seemed like when questions were answered honestly it was frownef upon in a way   Answer Question

Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Tucson, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and got a call a week later for a phone screening. I was scheduled to go in for an interview a week later. The interview went well, lasted about an hour. Everything was very professional, I was interviewed by 1 person and a 2nd person joined in via phone conference. Would have loved to work there, but got no call back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Other than writing, tell me 10 things you can do with a pencil.   Answer Question