BE Aerospace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, get a phone interview. Asked some information. And asked about some project details and programming language used for the project. Asked about the salary. Told me will contact me in days.

Engineering Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BE Aerospace in April 2017.

Interview

Had phone interview, was told more information was coming within a week. Sent follow-up, no answer. 1.5 weeks later was called in for in-person interview.

In-person interview started fairly well and I was interested in the role. Then the interviewer made an AIDS joke about two sentences after I'd mentioned my same-sex partner (reason for relocation to new state).

The interviewer also described the work environment as "not at all relaxed" and then criticized companies that offer benefits such as flexible hours and working from home (even though studies show they increase productivity), implying that those companies, and their employees, are childish to want or need such things. (The tone was really nasty.) Interviewer also implied that working overtime with no additional compensation was a regular occurrence.

In follow up with non-technical interviewer I declined interest in the role and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• No questions were especially difficult. Standard engineering fare: What accomplishment are you most proud of? Tell me of a time when you had to deal with adversity... etc.   Answer Question

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a B/E talent agent after submitting a resume, and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was professional and friendly. We discussed my qualifications and the reason I was looking to leave my current position. I was told that my resume would be presented to the hiring manager at the branch where an in person interview could be set up.
    The talent agent contacted me back the day after my resume was to be presented, and informed me that the hiring team decided to go with other candidates. Even though I wasn't selected to go further in the hiring process, I greatly appreciated the contact back to let me know. The response I received was polite and considerate. I will continue to look for positions with BE Aerospace that may more closely meet my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to work with B/E?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions based on your resume.
    Scheduled for interview onsite, questioned about my background and why B/E seating environments. Interviewed by the direct manager, followed by the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace.

Interview

Got a call for a prescreening the day after I applied, had a phone interview with the hiring manager about a week after that, then had an onsite interview with a few other personnel including HR about a week after that. Received the offer the week after that. About 1 month from when I applied to when I received the offer and a couple more weeks before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a lot about previous projects from my intern experience, they seemed to be very interested in my approach to problem solving.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Anaheim, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called to setup interview. Asked for salary requirements; started to low ball from the beginning. Phone interview happened and hiring manager thought I was a different type of engineer. Did not even have my resume in front of him while we talked. Asked very few questions and said he would straighten things out with his recruitung staff.

Light Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

HR asked me lots of details on my resume. Questions like what should you do if you had different ideas with your co-worker? HR is really nice. The whole process of interview was pretty short, like 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions like what should you do if you had different ideas with your co-worker?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Everett, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was quick and friendly environment during my interview, I was enjoying the experience and I did not have any pressure. The hiring manager was friendly as well as the HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Why I am leaving my current employer   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Everett, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

After phone interview with HR and then phone interview with hiring manager, brought me in for in person interview with hiring manager, his underlings and his boss. Received a tour of the factory. Make sure to ask intelligent questions during this process and seem interested in what they are actually doing.

Interview Questions

• Not many specific or technical questions. One was "if there are three identical human operated machines in the assembly line and one machine is producing at 20% that of the other two, what do you do?"   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenwick, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BE Aerospace (Fenwick, WV) in March 2016.

Interview

I made the previous post & it was supposed to say that "I received*** a phone call from the HR Manager" not "recorded". The rest of my review was not added so here is why I rated it a neutral experience although the HR Manger & people were very pleasant:
    After my on-site interview I was told that everything went excellent & that all I needed to do was to fill out a paper application (I filled out the same application online already) & to speak to the General Manager since he wasn't onsite the day that I was. He emphasized the fact that I needed to put my desired salary on the form (had already put this on the online app & discussed it with the talent recruiter). I sent my application through email & then received a call from the HR Manager requesting my current salary info since I didn't provide it on the application. I was then denied an offer because I could not provide my current salary due to an agreement I signed with my current employer. I offered to give a salary range (my HR department said that this was ok) for the position at my current employer & still, this was not acceptable. In my opinion, any capable company should posses the competence to place a value on a candidate without prior or current salary compensation; and to say it is a requirement seems fishy to me. I am willing to bet that it's a preference. If it is a requirement to have current salary information, then why did your talent recruiter waste your & my time by passing along my resume even after she learned that I could not disclose my salary information from the beginning? Should he/she not know of such requirements being a recruiter? So, if you are someone who is bound by an agreement to disclose your salary info, or if you just don't want to give it to them (because it's ultimately not their business), then do not apply here. It's a waste of time. Furthermore, if I wasn't in an agreement with my current employer, I still would not give them my salary info after he said on the phone "Well, we need your current salary so we know where to place you" (talking about salary there) That is crappy! Do not compare apples & oranges. My current salary is irrelevant. It is a bummer for me because I enjoyed the interview & the team that they had there, but even more a bummer for them because they really missed out on what would have been a tremendous asset to the company!