BECU Member Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU (Everett, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

First we did a virtual interview. Two days later I received an email inviting me to an interview . The position was to begin a month from the date of the interview so they begin the search process early and it is open for at least 2 weeks before they make a decision. I still have not heard back on this one and it has been a week since my interview. (Below when it asked if I received an offer I checked "no" but only because there was no option for "don't know yet" or "still open".

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a problem or addressed an issue for a client or customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about something that you did that you had to correct or redo, and then, when you corrected it, you had to correct it or redo it again.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BECU

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BECU (Spokane, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview they had me do was a video based interview through an app on my phone. You get one opportunity to film the responses, after watching videos of various HR reps describing the atmosphere of BECU.

Interview Questions

• The first two jobs on your resume, explain your roles, responsibilities, and why you left. (You have a two minute response time)   Answer Question

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU.

Interview

Started with an online video recorded interview followed by a phone interview. Later they called me in for an in person interview. Questions were direct, mainly about past work history and situations. Two days later got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to use diplomatic approach at a work place? With and employee or a customer.   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2017 – Team BECU

Thanks so much for making time to share your experience interviewing with BECU. We're thrilled to hear you decided to join BECU!

Team BECU

Member Consultant Interview

Interview

Requested internal transfer Internal jobs are listed for current employees before they open to the public. The questions were more applicable to a manager and/or lead position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lead a group of people who didn't want to be led??   Answer Question

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BECU in April 2017.

Interview

Their recruiters obviously don't like to work at all. I applied online no answer for 3 weeks, then i got an email for video interview. Then again no answer for 3 weeks and I had to find a recruiter by myself and email her, because I was very interested and wanted to know what happened after my video interview. Finally she called and had to ask me all questions again because the quality of the video was very bad. 3rd step was face to face interview which wasn't bad but another problem with recruiter came after interview. No news for another 4 months, though managers during the interview told me my recruiter was going to email me about the results. I was trying to call recruiter, leave voice messages and never got a call back. And finally after more than a month recruiter emailed me apologizing for misunderstanding. 2 recruiters weren't able to understand who was going to let me know about managers' decision after F2F interview, that's why I was ignored after F2F interview. I have never had such a horrible experience with any company and I have never had such a disrespectful attitude toward my time and me as a person.

Interview Questions

• behavioral question on phone and specific example from your work experience during F2F interview.   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2017 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to share this feedback with us. This does not sound like the type of experience our team strives to provide our candidates.

I'd welcome the opportunity to talk with you... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BECU (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a 3 step interview process. They sent me a link and I filmed a self recorded video answering questions. Second step was a phone interview followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging client in your previous position.   Answer Question

Mar 21, 2017 – Team BECU

Thanks for making time to share your interview experience with BECU. It's great to hear you found out about your new role with BECU through a current employee. Congratulations on your new role, and... More

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process can feel impersonal, as you are passed off to various recruiters. BECU seems like an amazing company with fast growth, as a result a majority of the interview process is online/over the phone. The interview process requires time and patience, but the recruiters do follow up with you when they say they will.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you failed. Why did you fail and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Dec 2, 2016 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to share this feedback with us. Your constructive comments regarding the BECU interview process has been shared with the Recruiting Team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Everett, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Well, the interview process was easy and time consuming. I enjoyed it to be very honest. Now I made it through, and was highly qualified. I'm not sure to why I didn't get selected. I'm not upset nor disappointed but seriously trying to figure out, why. I rather be critiqued and move forward than to be left in the dark knowing I have customer service, a great background, no criminal history, credit experience, and very upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Have you ever failed at a task, and how did you over come?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to provide us with feedback on your interview process. We have shared your feedback with the BECU Recruiting team, as we are always looking for ways to improve the candidate... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BECU (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had an interview with a recruiter, completed a video interview, had another phone interview, then a physical interview. The process was not well informed, then the denial was via a "no-reply" email. It felt very unprofessional and certain embarrassing as they require 5 professional references.

Interview Questions

• General questions until physical interview; those were behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2016 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to provide us with feedback on your interview. We aim to provide a quality interview experience, and it sounds like we fell short of that here. We are sharing your feedback... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BECU (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

First I applied online through the website, then I got an email with a link to a video interview where they had pre-recorded some HR people talking about certain aspects of the job, and then ending it with a question. You get 30 seconds to prepare and then one to three minutes to record your answer. Then it was a phone interview, then presumable in person interviews, although I haven't made it that far yet.

Interview Questions

• what was one time you were able to successfully upsell a product? What is one time you were able to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question