BECU Member Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BECU Member Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2016

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process can feel impersonal, as you are passed off to various recruiters. BECU seems like an amazing company with fast growth, as a result a majority of the interview process is online/over the phone. The interview process requires time and patience, but the recruiters do follow up with you when they say they will.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you failed. Why did you fail and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Dec 2, 2016 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to share this feedback with us. Your constructive comments regarding the BECU interview process has been shared with the Recruiting Team.

Other Interview Reviews for BECU

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Everett, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Well, the interview process was easy and time consuming. I enjoyed it to be very honest. Now I made it through, and was highly qualified. I'm not sure to why I didn't get selected. I'm not upset nor disappointed but seriously trying to figure out, why. I rather be critiqued and move forward than to be left in the dark knowing I have customer service, a great background, no criminal history, credit experience, and very upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Have you ever failed at a task, and how did you over come?
      Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to provide us with feedback on your interview process. We have shared your feedback with the BECU Recruiting team, as we are always looking for ways to improve the candidate ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BECU (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had an interview with a recruiter, completed a video interview, had another phone interview, then a physical interview. The process was not well informed, then the denial was via a "no-reply" email. It felt very unprofessional and certain embarrassing as they require 5 professional references.

Interview Questions

• General questions until physical interview; those were behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2016 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to provide us with feedback on your interview. We aim to provide a quality interview experience, and it sounds like we fell short of that here. We are sharing your feedback ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BECU (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

First I applied online through the website, then I got an email with a link to a video interview where they had pre-recorded some HR people talking about certain aspects of the job, and then ending it with a question. You get 30 seconds to prepare and then one to three minutes to record your answer. Then it was a phone interview, then presumable in person interviews, although I haven't made it that far yet.

Interview Questions

• what was one time you were able to successfully upsell a product? What is one time you were able to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Renton, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Group interview followed by a phone interview and then a manager interview. I made it to the first two stages. After not hearing back from BECU, I followed up and got no response. What kind of company does a group interview followed by a phone interview? It's like they cut off all contact with you after they decide that you are not getting the job without ever telling you why. Closed my accounts down after this horrible experience. Do not recommend to anyone.

Member Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online-An email invitation to attend a group screening they will tell you if you move forward to the next step a few days later and will schedule you for an in person manager interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Tacoma, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

So I applied for this member consultant position and got a email for group interview which was with 6 other people, wasnt bad very basic questions and went over a little about company. Then got email for a 2nd interview which was over the phone and then got a call for a 3rd and final interview with two managers. This last interview was very unprofessional and seemed unorganized managers didnt know how to ask questions and questions were very complicated to answer they wanted specific examples and what approach you took and why that approach and give another example this happen and what you learned very hard and long. Then got email saying i didnt get job after all that and not even a reason why this company very unorganized, I know some people who work for this company they say some parts are good and some bad so be careful when applying you go through 3 interviews and a month worth of time and then just a NO.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you got in trouble at work? most random and dumb question ever   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Renton, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Group interview, phone, then face to face. It's worth it to make sure you and this company are a good fit. Excellent benefits...best in the business. Background and credit check is mandatory. Very professional, pleasant HR staff.

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU.

Interview

Phone interview, Group interview. Very intensive background check. New hires all have at least a few weeks of classroom style job specific education as well as learning about banking, credit unions, ect.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Just general questions about sales experience, triumphs and defeats in past positions, goals, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and they accepted, then started my pay at the minimum allowed anyways due to "policy". So watch out.

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BECU in May 2014.

Interview

Three interview's in process. The first was in a group with 5 others and two BECU recruiters leading/interviewing. It was quite casual and somewhat awkward as they asked a question and everyone was expected to answer but in no particular order...basically if you want to answer quick you can. Probably not a good idea to be the last person to answer.

The second interview was a one on one, 20 minute phone screen with one of the same recruiters.

The final interview was a one on one, in person interview with two branch managers. This was quite intense compared to the others and last the full 60 minutes. Advice here is to dig deeper. Shorter answers can get you through rounds 1 and 2 but they'll want to hear a response to a question then talk about what you learned and then what you've done differently with that knowledge etc. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting the job and was told that they have a policy that prevents them from providing any feedback as to why. I did feel a little crappy to go through the whole process and just get a simple "no" after investing all that time and energy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a coworker/ a time when you didn't get along with a coworker? What did you learn from that? What would you do now?   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2016 – Team BECU

Thanks for making the time to provide us with this feedback. BECU Recruiting team has moved away from the group interview model due in part to feedback from candidates like yourself. We now use an ... More