BG Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

BG Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.4

Graduate Interview

Interview

Graduate Assessment Centre in Head Office, run by team of HR and technical professionals. Group of candidates. Series of activities testing various competencies and behaviours working in both groups, pairs, and individually. Full day assessment.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BG Group (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

HR present.
    Manager present.

Then HR competency based questions
    Then open questions
    Then input from me

HR very fair
    Did not discuss remuneration at this stage

Did talk through timeline

Interview Questions

• What are your aspirations?   1 Answer

Graduate Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BG Group.

Interview

Best/most friendly interview process I've ever had. Applied online for a graduate position, followed by online test, a first round interview, and an assessment centre.

They put you in a 4 stars hotel, and treat you with good meals during your graduate assessment centre.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Graduate Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BG Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied online, answering a series of tremendous questions. I was then sent a verbal and a numerical shl test which I passed. Then , I was invited for an interview in campus, which was half technical half competency-based. For the technical part, I was asked about Bg, Bo, Rs, RFT data, GOR. For the behavioral part I was asked mainly situational questions and about my inspirations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you improved something regarding safety.
      Describe a situation that you had to go against your values.
      Answer Question

Energy Marketing and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BG Group (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Short application form, telephone interview, assessment centre. Telephone interview was competency based (typical questions). The assessment centre had a variety of tasks over two days. Some logic/numerical based to test attributed for the role, a couple of teamwork and communication challenges as well as personal interviews and a short presentation. Very thorough and quite tiring for two days.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency based questions - working in a team, overcame problems, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BG Group (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

- in-tray exercise: reading email
    - Group exercise: group of five debating/discussing which charity to donate to, among a range of choices
    - Personal interview: mainly competency based questions. See Interview questions for more details

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BG Group (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I have the feeling that the HR Dept of this company is very little professional and I know as a fact some of them lack any HR formal formation altogether. This as a result affects the potential objectivity of the candidates assessment. At some points during the activities of the AC I thought the assessors had absolutely no idea what I was talking about HR wise and I also mentioned some facts about the company I highly doubt they were even aware of. Getting people that are actually acknowledgeable of HR technical aspects and not just basic, on-the job experience would increase the quality of their HR Dept. Moreover, the feedback provided was a bit laughable to be honest, kind of masquerading the real reason why I wasn't successful, which I understand but please try to be more honest with the candidates.

Reservoir Engineer - Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BG Group in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website and got invited for an interview in my University's campus after a month or so. I was interviewed by an HR lady that was really nice and a reservoir engineer. Both of them really kind and try to make you feel comfortable. Everything was perfect until the technical questions started. I think anybody with good petroleum engineering background would do fine but it was my first month into the master and I had no idea what was going on.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the water level if you are on a ship and you throw a rock in the water? Questions on all types of permeabilities.   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BG Group (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was competency based questions with a HSSE question thrown in. There were 2 rounds of interviews with 3 people on the panel. The management knew what they were looking for in the potential employee.

Completions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BG Group in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring was a little hap hazard, took place over the phone and then on a virtual video conference. Process took a long time and almost went with another company due to slow HR processes. Position advertised and actual job were not the same, but that was expected.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to recount an instance where I had to work with a difficult person or group and how I dealt with that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was good, was able to push then for a good deal, this is due to office being near London and not many oil patch people want to work there.