BGC Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interview. The first round was completely technical concepts explanation, tools and technologies used at my previous workplace and some scenario based questions and the second round was HR.

Interview Questions

• Technical
      What is multi-threading?
      Dynamic programming

HR
      What is ur minus?
      Describe your difficult situation that you handled at your workplace?   Answer Question

Wintel Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A 3rd party recruiter reached out to me about the role. He got me an interview with the Wintel manager & another Wintel Engineer. We spoke about my experience, and about what the role was going to entail. Manager & the other admin were nice & friendly. Office seemed very chaotic & not because it was a financial services firm, but too many smaller companies being merged into one @ one time.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had experience migrating users & mailboxes from different domains to single domain & exchange environment.   Answer Question

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was more of a screening with a jr. HR person. The second was with a sr. HR. Basically all fit/personality questions (leadership, group projects, education). Some questions to see if you know about what the firm does and what the industry is like.

Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was set up through a recruiter who contacted me on a Wednesday, sent my resume to the company the same day and got me the interview for the next day.

I met with four people over the span of about an hour and a half. The interview questions were standard although at points it seemed as though they were selling the job to me as opposed to having me sell myself to them. They did seem a little unorganized but everyone was very nice and not at all intimidating.

The interview was set up through a recruiter who promptly called me about 20 minutes after the interview advising that they wanted to give me an offer. It all happened very quickly....until I waited for the offer letter which took 5 weeks. I started looking elsewhere because I thought the offer was no longer available.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but the time between verbal owe and other meter was painful with very little communication

Brokerage Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephonic interview: Easy interview with stress on analytical skills, and how proficient using excel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very tough o negotiate on salaries

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

3.5 hours for in-person interview. 4 interviewers in total. Each took 45 minutes approx.
    Office average(for my comparison..i work for a company which got a new building in nyc). People - ok. More relaxed setting.(than dynamic).
    Did not take me for lunch so i was hungry until 1:40pm in interview. One of the interviewer said since it is a public company they don't spend too much money on employees. Comment was not made regarding lunch but in general.

Again perception on first visit.

Interview Questions

• what is Virtual destructor,?
      which unix signals cannot be blocked?
      what happens on connect(socket) under the hood in TCP?   Answer Question
    • implement auto_ptr ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still Negotiating. I can only tell later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. Spoke the the head of HR and a few other people at the company. As long as you know what the role is, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Just wanted to do something else

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BGC Partners (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Very haphazard - a call out of the blue and then a rapid process for the initial interviews and then a very long time to actually complete the hire. A couple of real professionals asking questions and then a few folks with little interviewing experience completing the process. The Human resources folks professional in their own right but not allowed to do their job fully or in a timely fashion. Process herked and jerked along, given the time the passed sure that I was not hired despite feeling that everyone was pleased and then a rushed process at the end to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was quick and agreement reached rapidly,
    Get everything in writing.

Junior Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BGC Partners.

Interview

Online form. Then a video interview where I was asked about my motivation for being a broker and an article that I had read recently in the Financial Times. The telephone interview was thorough, went through my CV, asked about broking, general market awareness, best achievement, working in a team etc

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BGC Partners (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Not the best no technical answers asked
    Fairly easy
    Question about my knowledge
    No question about my degree
    Only one interview with the hiring manager
    I feel very confident when answering teh questions
    Was in a quiet room face to face
    No telephone interview conducted previously