BHP Billiton Contracts Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BHP Billiton Contracts Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview was fine; very informal and conversation-based. The hiring process took a long time, which I now realize is the norm at BHP.

Other Interview Reviews for BHP Billiton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Represented by an outside recruiter, interview scheduled very efficiently and timely. It was a panel interview with hiring managers from different business units as there were several positions open. Allocated time seemed too short for panel interview and one interviewer did not show up. Of the kother two, one had to leave before interview was finished due to double booking.

Interview Questions

• Hard for interviewer to ask appropriate questions on behalf of several business units. This resulted in very general questions.   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They foist conducted a phone interview, then panel interview, then one-on-one interview with the team I would be working with. There were a few stages and after each one passed, they let me know the next steps.

Contracts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

Took 3 months to get the initial call (they said it was due to reorg in the department ) - the HR phone interview went well. Got called for main interview. In the meantime also had to write 2 online tests - numerical and verbal reasoning. Not sure why the numerical since i was being interviewed for an assistant role in the contracts dept. (that job title is not listed in the menu hence i had to select contracts spec). the main interview was okay - the questions were mostly behavioral, the interviewers were very polite and courteous, but there were lots of questions on workplace/occupational safety - again not sure why since i was interviewing to be an assistant. Also when you reach their office for the interview you have to watch a safety video and answer Qs on that. All in all a positive experience though I didn't get the job, but would I apply to BHP again, yes I definitely would. I liked what I saw in general.