BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was an hour and a half total, 45 minute case study and 45 minute behavioral portion. Interviewers were friendly and I didn’t feel intimidated by the process even though I had never done a case study before.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where a problem arises and you and your supervisor were not in the same location?   Answer Question

Information Technology Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the BHP recruiters on campus during the fall career fair, I only gave them my resume. The following week I received an email from a recruiter with a link to apply to their position online. I applied and that same day I scheduled my interview. The first round consisted of 2, 45-minute interviews, behaviour based, and then a final over the phone interview (no behavior question). Mine was supposed to last 30 minutes but it only lasted 10. They got back to me about 2-3 weeks later with the offer.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Total waste of my time. I applied February 9th 2017 Received an email back approximately 2 months later from a recruiter in Perth Australia. Met with 2 managers on April 5th 2017 which I volunteered to meet in person, the first interview went well. I then was invited for a second interview on April 25th 2017 with two other managers . After this interview I did not hear from the recruiter (despite being in constant contact with her up until this point) or anyone from BHP until receiving a rejection letter on July 31st 2017.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX).

Interview

I came in through a temp agency so the process is different from usual. They knew a lot about me already and trusted my ability based on their trust for the company. The interview was short, laid back and sweet

Interview Questions

• What about this job and company attracted you to want to apply for this position?   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took 5 months. Got contacted 2.5 months after application. First interview was phone screen interview. The second was a panel of 3 with senior managers including hiring manager. I got the job offer 1 month after second interview. Another 3 weeks of negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the most/the least of your previous employers (each one)?   Answer Question

Intern - Monthly Interview

Interview

I interviewed with them on campus after the career fair. I really enjoyed the interview. I had two interviewers who were really conversational and seemed genuinely interested in my passions and what I had to say. We basically went through my resume for the first half and then they asked me a couple behavioral questions and it was one of my favorite interviews.

Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (College Station, TX).

Interview

My interview process consisted of only a Skype interview which lasted probably 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 people from the supply department. They were very nice and got back to me with my offer only 4 days after the interview. They asked mostly behavioral type questions and frequently referenced my resume. Just be yourself, know your resume well and be prepared to think on your feet a little bit.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you have made? (professionally or in your college career)   1 Answer

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Gave my resume at a career fair held at my university. I was called in for an interview. The night before they hosted a mixer at a local restaurant. The interview went smooth. I was called a month later and told I didn't get a position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research and a lot of my career goals and interests.   Answer Question

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Well organised and keeps me updated on every single interview process. The process consisted of 4 stages- IQ test, Personality test, Telephone interview and lastly, engagement center. Telephone interview was okay, mostly situational based questions i.e. describe a situation where you encountered a problem..... As for engagement center, it consists of a group interview and 4 other interviews with the management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

STAR behavioural based interview. Asked 3-6 questions. The interview is difficult if you aren't prepared for a behavioral based interview. HR doesn't always inform you what kind of interview process you'll go through.

When you are traveling to the interview, for some technical jobs, they will surprise you with a presentation requirement. You'll be required to put together a presentation and present it at your interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you found someone in the workplace that wasn't following safety protocol.   Answer Question