BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Intern - Monthly Interview

Interview

I interviewed with them on campus after the career fair. I really enjoyed the interview. I had two interviewers who were really conversational and seemed genuinely interested in my passions and what I had to say. We basically went through my resume for the first half and then they asked me a couple behavioral questions and it was one of my favorite interviews.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Farmington, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process took two months. I got a call from them stating I would have to first take a mechanical aptitude test. I have no use for this test since I am an electrical engineering student, but I still passed it. A few days later, they schedule me for a phone interview in the morning. I woke up two hours earlier on that day, and prepared myself. Two hours past, no phone call. I waited another 30 min and decided to give them a call back. A lady picked up and told me she had called me 3 times, but no one picked up. To my surprise, she was incorrect because my phone was next to me the WHOLE time. In addition, she gave me an attitude and told me they would not be able to reschedule an interview because the hiring board is too busy. All in all, this was the most horrible experience I have ever had. I hope this never happens to anyone else!!!

Mine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Farmington, NM) in November 2015.

Interview

I initially interviewed when recruiters came to my school. About 2 weeks later I got an email from the HR person and set up to take an aptitude test. Minutes after taking the test I was called and they immediatly set everything up for an onsite interview. At the interview there was another candidate and we did everything together but the interview itself. Was a little nerve racking being with your competition but not horrible. They took us to a nice steak dinner with senior engineers the night before. Interviews were early in the morning followed by lunch and tour of mine then tour of town by a local realtor then huge dinner with potential colleagues. They covered all expenses. It was a good experiance but it wasn't the place for me.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time that you had conflict in a group situation.   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Started with a phone interview with hiring manager then an in-person interview.

Interview was technical and they wanted to know what kind of economic evaluations I've done.

I was not selected for the role and I'm not sure why.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted the resume online through my university's career system. Was called for an interview within a week, was told about a pre-interview dinner that was being held soon. Attended the pre-interview dinner where I got to meet current engineers working on various projects. Finally, had the interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that you worked on in the past and in which you had colleagues that did not carry their weight.   Answer Question

Petrophysicist Interview

Application

I interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2014.

Interview

Got the interview call via on-campus recruitment. Their HR contacted me by mail and there was a pre-interview dinner. The first round was behavioural and mostly about my research experience

Interview Questions

• If I asked your advisor, what would he/she say was your biggest strength and biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Very long process. Took over 5 months from time of application to interview. Recruitment was very slow, no urgency at all. Interview was structured, with very typical questions regarding experience and behavior. Did not receive update from recruiter. Will not answer calls or emails to provide updates. It has been an additional 2 months and have heard nothing, despite repeated attempts to contact. Not sure if position was eliminated due to falling oil, but please have the courtesy to inform the candidates who go through the entire interview process instead of dropping out completely. Very unprofessional.

Information Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Interview Questions

• lots of behavioral questions   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took over a month to receive a request for a phone interview, after that never heard back from them, kind of disrespectful, just have the courtesy of sending the automatic email saying no.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard, flowing conversation with hiring manager   Answer Question

Corporate Security/Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a telephone call stating that they were with BHP Billiton in Houston Texas and that they didn't want to waste my time or theirs so she wanted to ask me a question. She asked my current salary. I gave her my current salary but made it clear that I would be willing to accept less if given the opportunity as my main interest was to work for a quality company like BHP. I later received an email stating that they decided not to consider me. No reason given although I was more than qualified for the position after working as a Special Agent/Federal Criminal Investigator for over15 years. I feel I was not considered due to my current salary and they ignored the offer to work for less.