BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX).

Interview

I came in through a temp agency so the process is different from usual. They knew a lot about me already and trusted my ability based on their trust for the company. The interview was short, laid back and sweet

Interview Questions

• What about this job and company attracted you to want to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Intern - Monthly Interview

Interview

I interviewed with them on campus after the career fair. I really enjoyed the interview. I had two interviewers who were really conversational and seemed genuinely interested in my passions and what I had to say. We basically went through my resume for the first half and then they asked me a couple behavioral questions and it was one of my favorite interviews.

Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (College Station, TX).

Interview

My interview process consisted of only a Skype interview which lasted probably 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 people from the supply department. They were very nice and got back to me with my offer only 4 days after the interview. They asked mostly behavioral type questions and frequently referenced my resume. Just be yourself, know your resume well and be prepared to think on your feet a little bit.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you have made? (professionally or in your college career)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

STAR behavioural based interview. Asked 3-6 questions. The interview is difficult if you aren't prepared for a behavioral based interview. HR doesn't always inform you what kind of interview process you'll go through.

When you are traveling to the interview, for some technical jobs, they will surprise you with a presentation requirement. You'll be required to put together a presentation and present it at your interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you found someone in the workplace that wasn't following safety protocol.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

Interviewed through the university. Two rounds of interviews- one on campus and one in the office. Both were behavior based interviews. Offer response time was done in a timely manner.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

there were many aspects of the process. first was the phone interview, next was 3 person panel interview, and then the job offer. this was a very long process.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Farmington, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process took two months. I got a call from them stating I would have to first take a mechanical aptitude test. I have no use for this test since I am an electrical engineering student, but I still passed it. A few days later, they schedule me for a phone interview in the morning. I woke up two hours earlier on that day, and prepared myself. Two hours past, no phone call. I waited another 30 min and decided to give them a call back. A lady picked up and told me she had called me 3 times, but no one picked up. To my surprise, she was incorrect because my phone was next to me the WHOLE time. In addition, she gave me an attitude and told me they would not be able to reschedule an interview because the hiring board is too busy. All in all, this was the most horrible experience I have ever had. I hope this never happens to anyone else!!!

Mine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Farmington, NM) in November 2015.

Interview

I initially interviewed when recruiters came to my school. About 2 weeks later I got an email from the HR person and set up to take an aptitude test. Minutes after taking the test I was called and they immediatly set everything up for an onsite interview. At the interview there was another candidate and we did everything together but the interview itself. Was a little nerve racking being with your competition but not horrible. They took us to a nice steak dinner with senior engineers the night before. Interviews were early in the morning followed by lunch and tour of mine then tour of town by a local realtor then huge dinner with potential colleagues. They covered all expenses. It was a good experiance but it wasn't the place for me.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time that you had conflict in a group situation.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. The first interview was a behavioral interview where the interviewer literally went down a sheet of questions. The second round interview was with the people who would be supervising the role. This interview was more free form and consisted of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewers appeared to tailor their questions based off the resume of the candidate and the types of things that the position would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about using and combining unrelated data sets such as financial data and oil rig data?   Answer Question

Supply Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

I got an interview via campus recruiting procedures at my university. I didn't get a lot of information about the company upfront- BHP knows it holds a competitive environment and it expects people to seek information for themselves. My interview was more cultural than anything else- the interviewers just wanted to get a feel for my personality and see that I was confident enough to be relaxed throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How do your values make you different in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the offer was competitive.