BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.9

Summer Vacation Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was poorly organized with no follow-up. Interview was a phone-screen with 2 people. No feedback was given once the interview was completed. Very few questions were asked regarding overall experience and how it would contribute to making the candidate successful for the job itself.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      What is your level of fitness?   Answer Question

Occupational Health HSE Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Santiago (Chile)) in June 2014.

Interview

- it´s been the longest and hardest process i have evered experience. they try to measure all you capabilities and personal potential, logic thinking analiticas solutions, good team work skills and your flexibility to develop in different areas of your major.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my working experiences, if i know other languages, if i have an international experience living or working in a different country, if i have been part of a volunteer work.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guatemala City (Guatemala)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Guatemala City (Guatemala)) in November 2010.

Interview

It took about 8 weeks, had to take about 6 hours of tests, finally have to go through about 5 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your parents separations would affect your stability??? (WHAT?! they really asked this question in the last interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, they were open how much they wanted to pay, before the process started.

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHP Billiton in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people - 1 from HR and one functional manager. The interview consisted of behavorial questions and some resume based questions. The interview was for 45 minutes. The behavorial questions consisted of tell me about a time situations.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

It was over 3 stages. First stage was with hiring manager and hr the second was with the manager face to face. The final stage was with his manager. I got the job in the end.

Interview Questions

• How do you align to BHP charter.   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

The application started one year before the actual program start.
    Firstly there was an IQ test follow by telephone interview and then finally engagement centre where it consists of case study and speed interview.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

Consist of online test, phone interview and engagement centre (speed interveiw and case study)

Online test was mainly the typical logical and numerical thinking question while the case study at the engagement centre was related to BHP own program

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Well organised and keeps me updated on every single interview process. The process consisted of 4 stages- IQ test, Personality test, Telephone interview and lastly, engagement center. Telephone interview was okay, mostly situational based questions i.e. describe a situation where you encountered a problem..... As for engagement center, it consists of a group interview and 4 other interviews with the management.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Intense with a lot of interaction. Questions seemed to be odd and circuitous rather than related to the position. Decision making seemed irratic and unfocused. Overall seems to be a very good company. Perhaps most disappointing was the complete lack of feedback following the interview. Just adding more here to make the minimum word count required. And more, and more and more and more and more.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a large group of people across the world   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Interview

Made me feel like they were doing me a favour by employing me. HR representative came off as very arrogant. Made disparaging comments about others in the industry.