BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.9

Summer Vacation Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was poorly organized with no follow-up. Interview was a phone-screen with 2 people. No feedback was given once the interview was completed. Very few questions were asked regarding overall experience and how it would contribute to making the candidate successful for the job itself.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      What is your level of fitness?
      Answer Question

Occupational Health HSE Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Santiago (Chile)) in June 2014.

Interview

- it´s been the longest and hardest process i have evered experience. they try to measure all you capabilities and personal potential, logic thinking analiticas solutions, good team work skills and your flexibility to develop in different areas of your major.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my working experiences, if i know other languages, if i have an international experience living or working in a different country, if i have been part of a volunteer work.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guatemala City (Guatemala)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Guatemala City (Guatemala)) in November 2010.

Interview

It took about 8 weeks, had to take about 6 hours of tests, finally have to go through about 5 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your parents separations would affect your stability??? (WHAT?! they really asked this question in the last interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, they were open how much they wanted to pay, before the process started.

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHP Billiton in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people - 1 from HR and one functional manager. The interview consisted of behavorial questions and some resume based questions. The interview was for 45 minutes. The behavorial questions consisted of tell me about a time situations.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Intense with a lot of interaction. Questions seemed to be odd and circuitous rather than related to the position. Decision making seemed irratic and unfocused. Overall seems to be a very good company. Perhaps most disappointing was the complete lack of feedback following the interview. Just adding more here to make the minimum word count required. And more, and more and more and more and more.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a large group of people across the world   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Interview

Made me feel like they were doing me a favour by employing me. HR representative came off as very arrogant. Made disparaging comments about others in the industry.

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2013.

Interview

Presentation of past experience and skills. Targeted selection to provide specific behavioral examples of past performance. Five questions asked using the targeted selection process. Focus was on how I influenced, contributed and took control of a situation and demonstrated leadership. Positive experience, but preparation of past examples was essential.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex problem or project that you completed   1 Answer

Coordinator, Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

2 in person interviews roughly 1 hour each..followed by hours of testing, background check, driving record check, credit check, drug test..logic, personality test..RIDICULOUS amount of testing. If it doesn't occur to you to run the other direction, it should. The warning signs are all there.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve .....problem?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

STAR behavioural based interview. Asked 3-6 questions. The interview is difficult if you aren't prepared for a behavioral based interview. HR doesn't always inform you what kind of interview process you'll go through.

When you are traveling to the interview, for some technical jobs, they will surprise you with a presentation requirement. You'll be required to put together a presentation and present it at your interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you found someone in the workplace that wasn't following safety protocol.   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

Excel test, case study, personality test, typing skill test... plenty of test.
    face to face interview took about 50mins.
    Interviewed by hiring manager, TL & recruiter. Standard questions were asked.