BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

IM Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.

Interview

First 30 min phone call - question from a script to "profile" you. What is your strongest point,what is your weakness,what our manager would say about you, how do you deal with change, with conflict, etc. Very rushed, call started later but had to be finished on time.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to questions about the biggest challenge, achievement. Taking time to think about answer was not encouraged.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

- Self starter
    - Good communications skills
    - Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, advanced French
    experienced team Manager

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

I arrived in Houston for the interview. They gave me a tour of some updated floors as a sales pitch and then I met with a few experienced engineers. I was mostly asked questions about my past experience. I was told repeatedly they would find out if I didn't know my stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why are you still looking for a job considering your other offers?   Answer Question

Corporate Security/Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a telephone call stating that they were with BHP Billiton in Houston Texas and that they didn't want to waste my time or theirs so she wanted to ask me a question. She asked my current salary. I gave her my current salary but made it clear that I would be willing to accept less if given the opportunity as my main interest was to work for a quality company like BHP. I later received an email stating that they decided not to consider me. No reason given although I was more than qualified for the position after working as a Special Agent/Federal Criminal Investigator for over15 years. I feel I was not considered due to my current salary and they ignored the offer to work for less.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I had an interview during my study in business school. The process was long and it was difficult to schedule interview time at convenient time. Moreover interviews were rescheduled 2 times by interviewers. Interview was conducted via video conference (between BHP Australian office and campus at my business school). Questions were mostly about previous experience.

Information Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Interview Questions

• lots of behavioral questions   1 Answer

Measurement Analyst Interview

Interview

Quick process! Applied online and found some contacts through LinkedIn. Gave me the red carpet treatment for my face to face interview. Overall process took less than a month. HR is detailed oriented and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about specific measurement software and my experience with it   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted the resume online through my university's career system. Was called for an interview within a week, was told about a pre-interview dinner that was being held soon. Attended the pre-interview dinner where I got to meet current engineers working on various projects. Finally, had the interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that you worked on in the past and in which you had colleagues that did not carry their weight.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

Four rounds of interview in all. First round is with the hiring manager. This mainly revolves around technical capabilities and accessing fit to current team culture and structure. Second and third rounds are senior management and managers from other departments that I might be working with if I m selected. This is to access if I m able to work well with senior stakeholders from other department. Last round is with HR.

Interview Questions

• When are your views on the copper and iron ore prices?   Answer Question
    • What are the potential up or down side in 2016 for the markets above?   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Professional, friendly and brief but always performed by a group of interviewers; complex questions regarding previous jobs; what am I looking for in my next job; describe a major project and how did I complete it; do I mind thinking outside the box and do I mind working overtime.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed past related work experience; why did other job end; when would I be able to start; what are my skillsets; describe difficult work situation in the past and how did I handle it.   Answer Question