BHP Billiton Interview Questions in Perth, Australia | Glassdoor

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Professional and well organised interview with HR and the hiring manager
    On time, friendly and non-intimidating
    Hiring Manager explained the role requirements and how the role fitted onto the team and project

Interview Questions

• 1. Relevant
      2. Understandable
      3. Covered the Job Specifications   1 Answer
    • Q: Describe the feedback process after the interview:
      1. Did not respond on the date that feedback was promised at the conclusion of the interview
      2. Candidate had to ring and leave messages for both HR and the Hiring Manager to request feedback
      3. Calls were not returned, received a very generic e-mail from HR   Answer Question

Undergraduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

Online tests multiple stages
    Phone interview: generic behavioural questions and why you want to work for BHP? Why you would want to work on site?
    Assessment Centre: Full behavioural and Safety related.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard hiring process consisting of an online application, psychometric testing (numerical, inductive, verbal), phone screening and an assessment centre with approximately 10 people.
    The assessment centre was a very casual process - interviewers were easy to talk to. Consisted of a group activity and speed interviewing with three separate people.
    There was a large focus on safety.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to learn something new to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole application was as follows for the 2016/2017 Australian Internship:

1st round: resume and cover letter, some generic info questions
    2nd round: series of cognitive and emotional intelligence testing
    3rd round: telephone interview
    4th round: assessment centre
    5th round: (FIFO site workers) physical assessment

Overall, the experience was really good but HR may take quite a while to get back to you - so don't worry about that.

Interview Questions

• Why BHP?
      What issues may arise from FIFO for you personally?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application, Online testing, Phone interview, Engagement Centre (3x 12min interviews + 12 min group questions, 60min group activity). The engagement centre involved 3x 12 min interviews with in my case; mining engineer, geologist, and superintendent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to keep safety in mind, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

-> Online Application with just CV and basic information
    -> Online Testing standard literacy, numeracy, and personality quiz. There are plenty of sample tests available online
    -> Phone Interview mixture of behavioural and motivational questions - No suprises here just do the proper research
    -> Assessment Centre - This is where the company tests your ability to work with others, and you have the first individual interview. Mostly consists of the behavioural testing

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 3 tests - IQ and siituational testing followed by verbal and mathematical reason and finally a pshycometric test all carried out through SHL, followed by telephone interview and call to assessment centre. Generally every notification was within a week and half and with more time allowed for assessment center.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about when you graduate and what university you go to and if you had the right to work in the country?
      How do you cope with moving to remote location?
      Tell us about a stuation where safety was compromised?
      Tell us about a time when you worked with a team that did not work together?
      Whats you motivation for applying ?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got an interview, then never had a reply or response as a follow up, just left things hanging. Height of arrogance and discourtesy really. If someone goes to the trouble to attend an interview on their own time and a company doesn't even have the decency to follow up, even if unsuccessful, they were probably not worth my time to start with, nor the time of others.

Probably just an unfortunate sign of the deterioration in large company culture that has forgotten its roots and views people as a resource.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Go through the values of the company, medical and physical then deloyed for the role, was a bit lengthy the whole start to end process and had to chase them up

Interview Questions

• Name something that means integrity to you   1 Answer

Undergraduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Online testing followed by a very straightforward phone interview asking about ability to relocate and general behavioural questions. Then a half a day of assessment centre and speed dating style interviews with 3 separate employees. Covered very basic examples of safety, organisational skills, motivation to apply etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to prioritise aspects of your life and what was the final outcome.   1 Answer