BISSELL Interview Questions in Grand Rapids, MI | Glassdoor

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process took a total of 42 days (6 weeks). First, and interview with an internal recruiter. Second, an interview with the hiring manager. Finally (if you get this far), there is an on-site interview. Everyone during the process is professional and friendly. They ask behavioral questions as well as qualification questions. For technical positions, be prepared to answer degree-related questions (basic concepts). Business related questions are also asked that are related to decision impact on the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where your decision impacted the company in a positive way.   Answer Question
    • What will you be bringing to Bissell, should an offer be extended.   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your spare time, outside of work, that could be related to your technical background or this position.   Answer Question

NA Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a pre-interview phone call in which they asked very general questions about my experience and the job I currently held. Then they called to schedule a formal on site interview. For that there was five separate half hour interviews with five different people. All five asked similar but different questions.

Interview Questions

BISSELL Response

Dec 6, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review on our interview process!

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face, which was rescheduledoing from original appointment. Met with four Management Team members back to back. Friendly environment. Contacted me by phone to let me know they had selected another candidate. This was a positive reflection on the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked many behavioral questions. Each team member had a list of questions to ask.   1 Answer

Oct 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with BISSELL.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

interview was first a screen call and then a 3 hour Skype interview. Talked with 5 different people. Felt very positive about the experience and interview as a whole.
    I was told a would receive a response in less than 2 weeks. Never received anything, so I politely contacted the HR department and individual who set up my interviews. They said I would receive a response in another week, but nothing.
    I contacted the HR team many times for a response because I was holding out on this job above others, but they never got back to me.
    ***Have some decency and atleast tell potential hires no rather than ignoring their emails if you don't want to hire them, it takes less than a minute to give feedback. Very rude and unprofessional, you should really rethink how you are treating people. I Wanted to work for this company very badly, but the way they dealt with this situation has tainted my perception of the company as a whole. If you're looking for a good interview process, would NOT recommend

Interview Questions

• What is unique about your college and how does it separate you? Describe it in 4 words or less   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience during our interview process. We strive to provide the highest level of communication to all of our... More

Financial Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Like many companies nowadays, Bissell narrows down potential candidates through an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was very laid back and mostly a way for myself to get to know the company better and for the company getting to know me. Both the phone and in person interviews were very engaging and more like having a conversation as opposed to a traditional interview. I have had interviews involving packets and being asked question after question, and this was nothing like that. When the initial date of my in person interview fell through, Bissell was very flexible offering alternatives including interviewing via Skype or changing the time and date. My interview consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews (back to back), one interview with two associates, and the remaining three one on one. Overall, I am very satisfied with the interview process conducted at Bissell and have not had a better interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Some software experience questions relating to that of my job function, why I chose my field of endeavor, a time where I had to step up as a leader, and so on...   Answer Question

Oct 17, 2017

Thanks for leaving a review!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor.com and received an email response a week later to set up a phone interview. It was just a screening however the call turned into a pleasant conversation and lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked at the end of the phone interview to go to Grand Rapids to the headquarters for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 4, 30 minute interviews with 4 different members of the HR team. Each interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk to. Again I found that my interviews ended up turning into great conversations where I ultimately learned a lot about the company and what they do. The interview process and strategy that I had gone through with BISSELL was by far my favorite. I received and email about a week later saying that they wanted to have one more final interview with me over the phone. 2 days after the final interview I was told that I was being offered the position. I appreciated the quick response time and comfortable vibes that I was given throughout each interview. I had an amazing experience throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BISSELL?

Tell me about a time where you had to step up as a leader in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 3 people of directorial and managerial level and each one of them interviewed for 30 minutes. Then there was and interview sesson with HR person for 30 minutes.
    There was very comfortable environment and the atmosphere was very positive and pleasant.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Extremely complicated. Met with multiple people during a period of several days. Met with people from all areas of the business - from engineering team members to industrial designers to people in the marketing department. Had to take tests and even meet with a psychologist! Overall, it was a good experience - the people are very friendly and try to get to know you to make sure you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The engineering manager at the time gave me a pump and asked me to tell him how it worked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Over the phone - they made a great offer and I accepted immediately.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-screen via resume, followup phone interview where they gather additional information, followed by a formal application for employment and in-person interview(s). Phone interview was pretty tame, and the in-person one as well. Was presented with multiple hypothetical scenarios regarding purchasing activity and several "what would you do if..."

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty tame, some industry- and job-specific "what ifs". I was tripped up with "what qualities do you think make a successful manager"   Answer Question

Better pay at another company.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

I met the company at a career fair and they called about an interview at the HQ soon after. One on one interview with tour and then a panel consisting of the entire team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting and ending time were negotiable but salary was not.