BJ Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.7

Equipment Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ Services in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews describing CDL driving and oilfield and fracking experience. Contingent verbal job offer was made at end of second interview. Formal job offer was sent by email. They want to know if you are qualified to work hard for 12-20 hour shifts.

Interview Questions

• Describe your oilfield experience, describe your driving experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ Services (Shreveport, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter out of Colorado about the position. All information and questions were transmitted through the recruiter. Basic information was submitted and offer was presented. After initial review I spoke with the district manager regarding the position And expectations.

Cementing Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services (Cape Town (South Africa)) in December 2012.

Interview

During the interview it was stressed what was needed from the applicant and also to have a good background on work ethics. The interview environment was very relaxing. Acknowledgement of my background was satisfying.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was willing to travel where my services was needed, to assist with training when needed.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ Services in April 2010.

Interview

Very easy process once you are contacted

Negotiation

very simple

Anonymous Employee in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ Services (Kilgore, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

went to a hiring event in Longview, Tx showed them my resame. Had a one on one interview with a hourly hand, and a enterview with a manament. I had worked over 30 years in oil and gas i think my interview was shorter then some. Went for a drud test the next week, background, and DOT test. Three week I was working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations it is a take or leave offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ Services (Austin, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

1. Initial Interview at conference
    2. round table interview at site
    3. technical aptitude test
    4. Lunch
    5. Offer

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard but the main question is " Can you work well with those that do not like you or difficult employees"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. Broken promises in progression that was given in offer letter.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services in June 2011.

Interview

The initial communication was via email notifying of the vacancy which resulted in me completing the application form and emailing same to the hiring manager.

I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks after emailed confirmation that my application was recieved. The interview was cordial and informal, conducted in a relax manner, lasting about half hour.

I had applied for a Region Engineer position, which might had been slightly over my present experience, but based on my combined experience, education and training to date, I was still interviewed so that the hiring manager would become more knowledgable as to my service offering.

During the interview I was informed to keep in touch as there would be upcoming developmental positions, to which my present combined experience, education and training would be more suited.

During a training trip to the US one and a half months after the phone interview, I coordinated to meet with the hiring manager, and had a 1:1 interview at which time he offered me in principle one of the available mid-level positions, to which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I was to be made an offer now, how soon would I be able to transition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At this present time I am awaiting the HR to issue the formal offer so that the transition process can begin in earnest.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJ Services (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Met BJ Human Resourcse at Job Fair in Houston
    Interviewed by Technical and regional manager at dinner a week later
    Flown to Denver a week later to meet hiring manager a week later
    Job Offer made contingent on physical exam results
    The people and work culture seemed very informal (no tie), and blunt

Negotiation

They asked what I wanted, I told them, they accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ Services (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

Worked out great, and I did phone interview first. Then I faxed in resume a day ahead. Got there and they had it waiting. Talked. We liked each other. Made offers, accepted them.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services in December 2010.

Interview

I was treated well and with respect. I had previous experience and that was recognized and we even bypassed a lot of the regular new hire orientation stuff. THe man conducting the interview hired me on the spot and discussed salary options as well. What they offered was actually more than I was making at the previous job and no negotiaion was needed.

Interview Questions

• There were really no "interview" questions asked. When I told them of my experience and my desires, they just jumped right in and started talking with me as if I were already hired.   1 Answer