BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on using indeed job app. Was called in and spoke to two different managers. Then after a short wait while the managers spoke to gm over the phone. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as a server from your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Super quick. Called and walked in with my resume and got interviewed the next day. Super chill and dressed professional in business casual. Met two of the managers and answered typical industry questions before getting asked for training dates.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to use your customer service skills to deal with an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Take-out Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

One on one interview with multiple managers. Starts with which ever manager is there working your way up to interview with the general manager. (Be prepared to wait because it is a restaurant and they usually have fewer than 2 managers on and getting time to sit down for an interview is tricky.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate wage because it is a min wage position and tips were received.

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cupertino, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Short 1 on 1 interviews with questions to gauge the person. You needed to go through the different managers that would be working at the store. From the Host manager, kitchen manager, server manager, bar manager and GM. Would only take 3 interviews with any of the different managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your favorite dish from a restaurant you like to frequent.   Answer Question